Post tabs?

Ok it all works....I am just sooo tired right now and can't sleep but writing an instructive post that is worth anything is not gunna happen right now. I'm going to lay back and watch a few episodes and either A. Fall asleep or B. feel refreshed and recharged in a couple hours. Either way I will post the release after A or B happens. I''ll be back.

That's quite neat O Ant :D Well done!
Thanks...see here's my problem though....if you look at the bbcodes help page...this is what it is supposed to look like.

http://xenxero.com/help/bb-codes

I want to release this but I don't want to do it half-arsed...I may just take a couple of hours and rebuild the entire thing. I would rather do it right once and release and leave it at v1.0.0 if I can if yah know what I mean.

The BB Code usage is a bit confusing :D Instead wouldn't it better to make it like this:

[tab=Tab 1]content[/tab][tab=Tab 2]content[/tab][tab=Tab 3]content[/tab]

If it's used without space between the tabs, they get grouped.

HTML:
<!-- This tag is the complete wrapper...it will constitute one instance of a tabbed panel
module all tab info related to this must be wrapped in these tags or at the end of the page
loading when the script fires to convert this into the tabbed object it wont recognize the
tabs or panes classes as being part of any tabbed object so they will not function. -->

<div class="xxtP-wrap">

<!--The div class here contains the tabs which are the span tags in between They are
automatically recognized as 1, 2, 3 etc and the spans must be inside of of the xxtP-tabs div
class tag or it will not be recognized to be accountable for a tab instance and therefor any
panes that follow will not be transformed with this and the default css value which is
display:none; will takes it's course and the pane which you think should correspond to a tab
will not show-->

<div class="xxtP-tabs">
        <span><a href="#">Tab 1</a></span>
        <span><a href="#">Tab 2</a></span>
        <span><a href="#">Tab 3</a></span>
    </div>

<!-- the following div.xxtP-panes will be turned sequentially into panes 1, 2, 3 until the
closing of the xxtP-wrap div tag panes are relative in order to the tabs in the xxtP-tabs
contained span classes this all working together forms the object-->

<!-- tab "panes" -->
    <div class="xxtP-pane">First tab content.</div>
    <div class="xxtP-pane">Second tab content</div>
    <div class="xxtP-pane">Third tab content</div>
</div>

Read over that quasi-explanation commented out above...I don't know that I could get around the way this works in regards to the bbcode use. The only way to make this easier to use would be to come up with a wizard that pops up in an overlay and allows you to edit the info almost as it would appear to you and then be able to insert that text from there into the post editor. I wouldn't know where to begin doing all that however.

post.tabs.get.rid.of.pane.syntax.webp

- since the relationship between tabs and panes is always 1:1 .... it would be nice to not need [pane] at all ! (pane is a pain?)
- if someone wanted 9 tabs, it would be very difficult to "count the panes" to find where to put the content, as the panes have no titles like the tabs.
- in LTR languages, assigning Tabs LTR makes sense, but not so much in RTL languages. :)
- the [xtab] tag would still be needed I think.

no it does require it....it needs the pane to know that it is a hidden element that only shows when the corresponding tab is clicked. With out pane it has no way to know that it should be a tabbed pane and it will remain hidden.

Can't you generate the panes from the bbcode ?

[tab=Tab 1]content111[/tab][tab=Tab 2]content222[/tab][tab=Tab 3]content333[/tab]
could actually be:
[tab=Tab 1]content[/tab][tab=Tab 2]content[/tab][tab=Tab 3]content[/tab]
[pane]content111[/pane][pane]content222[/pane][pane]content333[/pane]

I understand you need panes for exactly what you describe. But I think the pane information can be generated from Tab bbcode.

here's how it has to work no matter what.

every instance of [tab] needs to be inside of 1 [tabs] instance for it work

the panes cannot be inside tabs. so it would not work

again adding =something is adding to it

if you want to number it while typing just use [tab]Tab 1[/tab]

no matter what it has to be

[xtab]

[tabs]
[tab]
[tab]
[tabs]

[pane]
[pane]

[xtab]

You have to understand how this presently works to understand why it is not possible at all as far as I know to do that.

I need to fix one small styling issue that is bothering me before I release it.

You can see here in the first tab there is a corner that is rounded that shouldn't be, but when I change the styling concerning that it doesn't look right used in a bbcode.

Basically at this point it can only look 100% on either pages or in posts and not both until I figure out the small problem ...I probably need to make an intermediary class or straight up rebuild the styling of the panel content class.

you can see it here for now... http://xenxero.com/pages/blahblahblah/ ...if I were to make the styling extremely basic I suppose I could release it now as a beta/community project if any developers are interested in helping me sort out this lil problem...or I could have a vision 20 seconds from now and be donned with some understanding of my errors.:-)

Is this something that you need right now? If so I may be able to put aside some time to day and sort this out..I have taken a long enough break from it and wouldn't mind putting this on rush.

Top Bottom