Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

When I get an alert for a 'rating' and click the alert it takes me to the last page that I've read on that thread instead of the post that was rated.
Using Xenforo 1.3.1 and Post Ratings 1.6.3

Any ideas?

I just wanted to add a comment from earlier in this thread... the ability to use these as a criteria for searches, or even just the ability to generate a list of "most helpful" "most liked" etc. with some filtering options (e.g. by forum), would add tremendous value to a lot of forums that cover diverse topics.

I mean, I love our funny members, but they run away with the reputation meter because their volume of +rep posts is a lot higher than the volume that a helpful member can contribute, or a technical member. So this helps sort out what they receive for feedback, but it doesn't help sort out the discovery of that content.

Great mod, I'm not complaining - just voicing the support for a feature request that someone earlier got basically shot down for. Custom dev was mentioned but the problem with that is generally one user has to take on the cost burden of most or all of the functionality, whereas releasing a second mod or upping the price of this mod with that functionality lets everyone pay for it if they want it.

Hey there! I just updated this, and I liked having both the forum "like" button, as well as the post ratings. I DID have both, and now since the upgrade, don't. I, for the life of me, cannot figure out where or how to get the XF like button back as well, or is that possible any longer??

Hey there! I just updated this, and I liked having both the forum "like" button, as well as the post ratings. I DID have both, and now since the upgrade, don't. I, for the life of me, cannot figure out where or how to get the XF like button back as well, or is that possible any longer??

That's not an option any longer.

I'm not seeing the ratings bar show up in the postbit. Any idea how to fix this?

(Using 1.2)

Did you check the Style Properties?

If the box is checked and it's not showing up, you've likely edited the template message_user_info and it can no longer find what it is looking for in order to add it to the postbit.

Did you check the Style Properties?

If the box is checked and it's not showing up, you've likely edited the template message_user_info and it can no longer find what it is looking for in order to add it to the postbit.

I'm likely looking in the wrong Style Properties. Do you know specifically which Style Property I should be looking into? Haven't seen anything where I've looked, though I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place.

I am seeming to have an issue where changes I made in the options don't have any effect. I turned off both rating activity in the news/recent activity feed and the limit of one rating per post, and yet the activity is in the news feed and people can only give one rating.

Small Bug: If you view the popup list for who someone is following and who is following them the negative and neutral ratings display 0.
VsjOh05.png

The members above have negative and neutral ratings, but it's showing 0. It's also doing this for the default Xenforo style.

Hey! A fellow admin and I recently bought this add-on for our site, however I'm having some error troubles on our test site:

The following error occurred:
filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for js/dark/postrating.js
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. filemtime() in Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 238
  3. Dark_PostRating_ControllerPublic_Post->actionRatings() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/stivxlrb/public_html/khv/index.php at line 13

Template Errors: thread_view
  1. filemtime() [<a href='function.filemtime'>function.filemtime</a>]: stat failed for js/dark/postrating.js in /home/stivxlrb/public_html/khv/library/Dark/PostRating/EventListener.php, line 36:
    35: <link rel="canonical" href="' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::link('canonical:threads', $thread, array(
    36: 'page' => $page
    37: )) . '" />';

I looked through the discussions and saw someone had a similar issue due to misplacing the files, so I was curious about where I should place the files in relation to each other [currently have the 'Dark', 'js', and 'styles' folder in the add-on library apart from each other]. I was also wondering how to go about fixing the template error. Thanks in advance!

Hey! A fellow admin and I recently bought this add-on for our site, however I'm having some error troubles on our test site:

I looked through the discussions and saw someone had a similar issue due to misplacing the files, so I was curious about where I should place the files in relation to each other [currently have the 'Dark', 'js', and 'styles' folder in the add-on library apart from each other]. I was also wondering how to go about fixing the template error. Thanks in advance!

You should upload the files to the forum root, not the library folder. Only the Dark folder should be in the library folder.

I am seeming to have an issue where changes I made in the options don't have any effect. I turned off both rating activity in the news/recent activity feed and the limit of one rating per post, and yet the activity is in the news feed and people can only give one rating.

Hey @Luke Foreman, is it possible to get this addressed?

@Luke Foreman
Just bought a liscense for Post Ratings. To my dissapointment when I uploaded and enabled it, I got an error on my portal page and it would not work. After disabling Post Ratings the portal works again.
I've tried to disable ALL my Add-ons and only leave Post Ratings on, but it still causes the error. What could the problem be? :(

Here is the error message:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_Dark_PostRating_Model_Post in/../XenForo/Application.php(513) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Error' not found in /../XenForo/Application.php on line 384

Ignore - needed to enable the totals.

Attachments

• upload_2014-5-2_18-34-54.webp
    upload_2014-5-2_18-34-54.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 17
  • upload_2014-5-2_18-36-57.webp
    upload_2014-5-2_18-36-57.webp
    7 KB · Views: 17
  • upload_2014-5-2_18-37-38.webp
    upload_2014-5-2_18-37-38.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 16
  • upload_2014-5-2_18-39-16.webp
    upload_2014-5-2_18-39-16.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
One more Feature request:

- Enable/Disable "View negative rating rater" based on User group.

----

I intend to use this ad-on simply as a "Reddit style" thumbs up or down system. I want negative raters to be anonymous (Admins excluded) so one negative rating does't turn into a retaliation brigade because User1 has it out for User2. Admin's or Moderators may see things so they can identifier abusers of the system. Basically remove "dark_postrating_account_ratings_received" from any view unless permitted.

@Luke Foreman PLEASE add this. People in my community are loathe to give a negative rating as they know that the poster will try to get one back on them/ask them why they gave the rating they did which leads to offtopic chatter. Would be so greatful if you could add this. Bought today and loving it so far.

Top Bottom