Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Hi @Luke Foreman ,

What I tried to say above was almost exactly what you changed here:

Added ‘Hide post negative post percentage’ option, making the ‘Hide post after x negative ratings’ option more useful especially on larger forums by applying an (optional) additional ratio of negative to total ratings on a post.

Something like this for user group promotions options from:
  • User has received at least X negative post ratings:
to
  • User has received at least X negative post percentage ratings:
This would be really helpful and cool! :D

A happy post ratings customer!

ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected ''' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting ')' -library/Dark/PostRating/Model.php:236
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:11 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(15) "https://8th.us/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected ''' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting ')' -library/Dark/PostRating/Model.php:236
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:11 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(15) "https://8th.us/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

That error would indicate the file was truncated during uploading. If reuploading all files doesn't help, PM me your email in case your .zip copy was somehow corrupted

Hide Post after 1 negative
Hide Post negative percentage: 80

In my test I applied 2 negatives and 3 positives yet my post remains hidden.

In my example negative makes up 2/3 or 66%. Shouldn't the post be visible now? I also tried setting the first setting (hide after 1 negative) to 0.

Basically no matter what I try the percentage is being ignored and it purely works based on the total negative count.

---

Can you elaborate on how to configure this?

I further enhanced this add-on by adding a transparency layer over my hidden post on top of the collapse view to further "punish" the negative poster.

I simply added:
Code:
.dark_postrating_hide_post { opacity: 0.3; }
to EXTRA.css

Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 14.33.37.webp

One more Feature request:

- Enable/Disable "View negative rating rater" based on User group.

----

I intend to use this ad-on simply as a "Reddit style" thumbs up or down system. I want negative raters to be anonymous (Admins excluded) so one negative rating does't turn into a retaliation brigade because User1 has it out for User2. Admin's or Moderators may see things so they can identifier abusers of the system. Basically remove "dark_postrating_account_ratings_received" from any view unless permitted.

Hi @Luke Foreman
thanks for this beatiful addon, i just bought :)
But i have one problem: nothing shows below post....the user permission are ok.
Where is my fault?
Antonio
I have solved, may i have incompatibility with some addon....
I have set "Display rating above signature" and it shows!!!!
This is perfect addon for my photography forum...I will use this addon for assessing creativity, technique, emotion for a photo :)
Antonio

Hide Post after 1 negative
Hide Post negative percentage: 80

In my test I applied 2 negatives and 3 positives yet my post remains hidden.

In my example negative makes up 2/3 or 66%. Shouldn't the post be visible now? I also tried setting the first setting (hide after 1 negative) to 0.

Basically no matter what I try the percentage is being ignored and it purely works based on the total negative count.

---

Can you elaborate on how to configure this?

The percentage is the other way round, it needs to be less than 66% to show the post with 2/3 negative ratings

A member is awarded a Trophy for 10 likes. This member is now given negative likes so their like count drops down to 8 likes. What happens to the Trophy they were awarded on 10 likes

Can someone tell me why my ratings are not showing... I just installed the add-on. Permissions are all correct, I've reset caches, disabled all add-ons besides this one, and chose the default theme. Still - no ratings available or seen in the thread.

Thanks

Top Bottom