Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Here's an issue I've noted I wondered if others are seeing. Do have some template mods but if someone can test on a stock board that'd be good.

Have it setup so Like in Post Ratings = Stock Xen Like (so the likes will be passed out to XenPorta). Also have the XenForo Like button disables.

This is no problem with a registered user post. A Like via Post Rating shows up just fine in Post Rating output and is also visible in Stock XenForo likes if unhidden. Also stock xenforo likes show up in Post Rating output. Everything works as one might expect.

Seeing an issue with guest posts as follows
-If a guest post is Liked via Post Rating there is no output, it just dissapears. Input also goes.
-If the stock xenforo like is unhidden still nothing is seen.
-If Like Rating is Disabled in Post Rating the output appears and everything works as expected (so clearly the like is being written to Post Rating correctly).
-If a guest post is liked via stock xenforo like this shows up fine in both stock xenforo like output and also Like Rating output.

Undone quite a lot of my mods but still seeing this. Can anyone else advise if they note the same behaviour?

@Shelley I'm not sure you're right. I think he's asking for this:

Style Properites -> Message Elements:

Show author total received ratings
(Post Ratings) Display the ratings received statistics of the message author.

Show author total received ratings as bar
(Post Ratings) Display the proportional ratings received statistics of the message author as a coloured bar.
Thanks guys all working now

Thanks for the reply.

Is it a big change allowing users to rate their own posts, no problem applying or modifying the code myself if it isn't too big a change (and you can point me in the right direction ;))

Understood on xenporta.

Also wondered if it is expected the 'likes' show in the xenporta front page below the title. This OP on this thread has likes.

View attachment 50708

Noted for the future, but unfortunately there's only so far I can justify integrating with other 3rd party mods

Could you possibly make a temp update Luke? I think waiting for the TMS for some is welcomed but I don't use the TMS and this is the only add-on I'm waiting for before going live. Don't mean to sound demanding, that is not the intention just a temp fix for 1.2 would be very much appreciated. Of course this is your add-on and I can only suggest and ask. :)

I would rather not release a temporary update, please either use King Kovifor's patch or wait for the full 1.6.0 update (which is coming very soon!)

Hello.
The same question I have, but I'm moving from Post Thanks/Like system which had Like/Thanks/Don't Like buttons. The last one is doesn't matter, but I need to save at least the first and the second. Could it be possible to find this template?

Have PM'd you more details but I will post it here too for others to use

Code:
insert ignore into XENFORO_DB_NAME.dark_postrating select null, contentid, userid, receiveduserid, if(varname = 'thanks', THANKS_RATING_ID, if(varname = 'dislike', DISLIKE_RATING_ID, 1)), dateline from VBULLETIN_DB_NAME.dbtech_thanks_entry

Here's an issue I've noted I wondered if others are seeing. Do have some template mods but if someone can test on a stock board that'd be good.

Have it setup so Like in Post Ratings = Stock Xen Like (so the likes will be passed out to XenPorta). Also have the XenForo Like button disables.

This is no problem with a registered user post. A Like via Post Rating shows up just fine in Post Rating output and is also visible in Stock XenForo likes if unhidden. Also stock xenforo likes show up in Post Rating output. Everything works as one might expect.

Seeing an issue with guest posts as follows
-If a guest post is Liked via Post Rating there is no output, it just dissapears. Input also goes.
-If the stock xenforo like is unhidden still nothing is seen.
-If Like Rating is Disabled in Post Rating the output appears and everything works as expected (so clearly the like is being written to Post Rating correctly).
-If a guest post is liked via stock xenforo like this shows up fine in both stock xenforo like output and also Like Rating output.

Undone quite a lot of my mods but still seeing this. Can anyone else advise if they note the same behaviour?

This has been fixed for 1.6.0

Also a progress update: 1.6.0 is currently in testing on my live forum and will be released soon.

The changelog so far is as follows:

• Added integration with new Notable Members page: ‘Most Positive Ratings’ and ‘Most Negative Ratings’
  • Improved how ratings bar is integrated for better style integration, especially when message_user_info has been resized
  • Added responsive design support
  • Added template preloading, can eliminate up to 5 queries on thread pages on some setups
  • Fixed ratings requring a refresh due to javascript errors in XenForo 1.2
  • Fixed profile page rating bar being right aligned for those with increased left sidebar width (bug introduced in xf 1.2)
  • Fixed logic issue resulting in being unable to like guest posts via post ratings
  • When recounting ratings, ratings on posts that have been hard deleted are now deleted.
  • Removed broken option to keep xenforo like bar intact
  • Removed option to display ratings above signature due to responsive design complications

Regarding compatibility, I've decided to ship two versions going forward - the current 1.5.1 (which will only receive security updates, as it's currently very stable) for XF 1.1.2-1.1.5 and 1.6.0+ for XF 1.2.0+.
In other words, in order to install the 1.6.0 update you must first update to XF 1.2.0.

Thank you, Luke. Great work! Will send you a feeedback after upgrading on proved and stable 1.2 version. Thank you for the PM.

Noted for the future, but unfortunately there's only so far I can justify integrating with other 3rd party mods

I would rather not release a temporary update, please either use King Kovifor's patch or wait for the full 1.6.0 update (which is coming very soon!)

Have PM'd you more details but I will post it here too for others to use

Code:
insert ignore into XENFORO_DB_NAME.dark_postrating select null, contentid, userid, receiveduserid, if(varname = 'thanks', THANKS_RATING_ID, if(varname = 'dislike', DISLIKE_RATING_ID, 1)), dateline from VBULLETIN_DB_NAME.dbtech_thanks_entry

This has been fixed for 1.6.0

Thanks for the reply Luke it's much appreciated. I don't mind waiting and you know best which is the best route to take with regards to your add-ons and i wouldn't tell you otherwise. I hope you don't feel my post was pushy I just needed to know where i stood since my question(s) suggestions seemed to have not received a response so thought dialogue broken somewhere along the line. Again, thanks for the response Luke and i hope you didn't take offence to my post (that wasn't the intention) as I am appreciative for the work you put into your add-ons but i hope you understand I did feel I needed to ask.

May I ask what the complications were with responsive by having the post ratings above the signature? It seems to be displaying fine on 1.2 beta 5 (okay there may be some overlap just checked) but isn't there anything that can be done to keep us having the option of ratings above the signature?

If there is no solution could you possibly keep the option to have post ratings above signatures in and as an option since what I will probably do is display none the ratings on responsive narrow width,

Last edited:
Reactions: DFI
Nope nothing. I was suppose to apply patch but was surprise to see that it started working automatically after upgrading to 1.2 beta 5.

Nope nothing. I was suppose to apply patch but was surprise to see that it started working automatically after upgrading to 1.2 beta 5.

Interesting to hear.

So when you give a user a rating you don't have to refresh the page to see this rating? Sorry for all the questions since i'm sure I tried giving ratings on beta 5 and I had to refresh the page to view the rating I gave to another member.

:oops: didn't checked that in excitement. Refreshemnt is required :cry:

Sorry.

hehehe no worries But damn i just reverted the post.php file back to double check and confirming that you need to refresh the page even in beta 5 if the patch is not applied. *applies the patch* :)

Just fyI. I still get one minor error when I manually reject a new registration

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XfAddOns_Groups_LikeHandler_Post::batchUpdateContentUser() in /home/shp/public_html/xf/library/XenForo/Model/User.php on line 2508

It still rejects it so it isnt a major issue, however I do see thst error in the follow on screen

Top Bottom