Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

ooh really? yes :D
But i thought i read that people were having troubles installing the post ratings add-on on 1.2?
Is this fix only for those who have it previously installed and working with 1.1.5?

(Sorry if it doesn't make sense...it sounds right in my head lol)
@King Kovifor

I had no issues installing it freshly on 1.2 beta 4 (well only one part where i uploaded the icon folder into the wrong directory but that was my fault) :D

If I uninstall this and do a fresh reinstall to get this to work again (since I tried the kingkovifor patch but it didnt work for me) will everyone lose their old ratings?

If I uninstall this and do a fresh reinstall to get this to work again (since I tried the kingkovifor patch but it didnt work for me) will everyone lose their old ratings?

I don't believe the uninstall removes anything from the postrating tables...

Why didn't the patch work for you?

Thanks but I'd rather have an officially updated version if I'm going to be buying it to assure me it will continue to be developed.

Well I appreciate the patch from @King Kovifor but I can't honestly say I know where I stand since the last 4 or so posts I've posted didn't receive a response (this is not a complaint @Luke Foreman ) But it would be nice even if it's something we may not want to hear that atleast you respond to any queries we may have. Communication is key here it allows us to know where we stand and if we need to take additional measures. :)

Thanks but I'd rather have an officially updated version if I'm going to be buying it to assure me it will continue to be developed.
Your choice, doesn't bother me either way. :) Just stating that there's a user-supplied patch (well, me-supplied) that works.

Communication is key here it allows us to know where we stand and if we need to take additional measures. :)

Will there be an update soon for XF 1.2? I know you said after beta 2 and now we are at beta 4. Just wondering.
Still coming soon, basically same reason as before, I'm delaying as long as possible to see if a suitable backwards-compatible TMS solution appears. At the moment it's looking like I am going to have to target XF 1.2 exclusively in the next update. (However if this is the case, I will continue to include the current version 1.5.1 for XF 1.1 users.)

He has communicated his plans.

I am really sorry if this has been asked before but I cant seem to locate the answer.
We are setting up a board and migrating to xenforo with this add in. I have seen on another xenforo board the rep displayed below the user avatar in the forums and I cant see where to enable this on this add in.
Any help appreciated.

Where is @Luke Foreman

His absence is reaching KAM standards during the court case. How long before we have theories about Luke starting a cake shop or training to be an astronaut or something!

I am really sorry if this has been asked before but I cant seem to locate the answer.
We are setting up a board and migrating to xenforo with this add in. I have seen on another xenforo board the rep displayed below the user avatar in the forums and I cant see where to enable this on this add in.
Any help appreciated.

If I remember rightly it's in the Message Layout style properties. I can't check at the minute and it might be one of the other message style properties.

Any help appreciated.

If you want it to display below the signature you have to uncheck the box in home >> Options >> Post Ratings about half way down the page.

postratings.webp

Last edited:
If I remember rightly it's in the Message Layout style properties. I can't check at the minute and it might be one of the other message style properties.

@Shelley I'm not sure you're right. I think he's asking for this:

Style Properites -> Message Elements:

Show author total received ratings
(Post Ratings) Display the ratings received statistics of the message author.

Show author total received ratings as bar
(Post Ratings) Display the proportional ratings received statistics of the message author as a coloured bar.

@Shelley I'm not sure you're right. I think he's asking for this:

Style Properites -> Message Elements:

Show author total received ratings
(Post Ratings) Display the ratings received statistics of the message author.

Show author total received ratings as bar
(Post Ratings) Display the proportional ratings received statistics of the message author as a coloured bar.

Ah if that is the case my mistake. Yeah as you mentioned that would be in Style Properties. I more than likely did mis-read his post.

edit: sorry about that.

Top Bottom