Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

We keep getting requests from our users to be able to see things like the most rated post in a thread and the most rated thread that day, etc.

Are there any plans to build any sort of stats/overviews in at some stage?

At some point, yes

The huge gap comes from dark_postrating_member_info_bar template.

Instead of messing with the template I went to admin.php?options/list/postRating

and unchecked Display bar total on member profile. Huge space is gone.

Noted this bug

Hi Luke :) First of all, I love the post ratings and am using it on a new forum for a children game.

I do, however, have one issue with it and have to admit, I didn't look through all 84 pages to see, if anyone else had the same ... sorry :sick:

It could be a styling problem - but I can't see how!

The issue is, that after you clicked on a like icon under a post, the field where you are supposed to see the rating is empty. No rating is shown - it's just a square box. But if you then reload the page, the rating is shown.

what to do, what to do :coffee: ?

The site is: www.myhorsefriends.com

Thank you =)
Lykke

EDIT:
I'm working on the nav bar after upgrade. You have to try and get into a post through the front page - but of course, you cannot 'try it out' without being a member - but perhaps you can see what I mean anyway.

I am sorry if this is already answered somewhere but I am not a coder and need some help. We have 1.2 Xenforo with this addon and since we upgraded the display of ratings received under the Avatar of each user in the forum is tiny. I have searched everywhere to tray and find where I edit this and cant locate it.

I am sorry if this is already answered somewhere but I am not a coder and need some help. We have 1.2 Xenforo with this addon and since we upgraded the display of ratings received under the Avatar of each user in the forum is tiny. I have searched everywhere to tray and find where I edit this and cant locate it.
Found it...just ignore the newbie ;-)

What is the best class or DIV ID to use to turn off display of the Post Ratings bar below posts in responsive narrow view?

I saw the below CSS in the XenMoods discussion thread to turn off display of mood graphics, and would like to use something similar for the Post Ratings bar below posts when viewed on small screens (phone, tablet), unless there is some other method that is even better. Thanks!

Code:
/* Responsive */
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
.userMood {display:none;}
}
/* Responsive */

Upgraded to latest version and using it on XF 1.2. Somehow, post ratings refuse to work in XenPorta comments. Do you have any fix, @Luke Foreman ?

I will look into this

Is there anyway to prevent users from rating certain usergroups?

Currently no, sorry

What is the best class or DIV ID to use to turn off display of the Post Ratings bar below posts in responsive narrow view?

I saw the below CSS in the XenMoods discussion thread to turn off display of mood graphics, and would like to use something similar for the Post Ratings bar below posts when viewed on small screens (phone, tablet), unless there is some other method that is even better. Thanks!

Code:
/* Responsive */
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
.userMood {display:none;}
}
/* Responsive */

For the entire post rating bar, .dark_postrating_container
For just the input bar, .dark_postrating_inputlist

I have another admin that can't see the options in the admincp, is there a setting I've missed?

They need access to the 'Manage options' administrative permission

I still can't understand why we can not use XenForo Likes System.

The option was available up to and including version 1.5.1, and was then removed as it is not of an acceptable standard. It would require significant extra code to make it seamless and as it stood it just seemed broken and confused users.

The option was available up to and including version 1.5.1, and was then removed as it is not of an acceptable standard. It would require significant extra code to make it seamless and as it stood it just seemed broken and confused users.

Yes of course, I know and I understand but in fact, you can add an option to both system for using this add-on. I think so, then it will be better useful. Because a lot of people really loves XenForo's original likes system.

It extends the current LIKE system you see here at xenForo.

Personally, I would rather see this than reputation, you can be more creative with it.
Oh I c, but the purpose for Reputation system is to get/ gaining trust so the members will know that if they want to trade in marketplace section, they know that person can be trusted by seeing their reputation. Can be this add-on used as a parameter for that?

Last edited:
Have you got a "Thank you" icon somewhere?
Please let me have it, mine ruined the nice line of your icons.

We get quite a few people giving negative ratings "by accident".

Would it be possible to implement a confirmation overlay just for negative ratings?

Top Bottom