Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I would really like a way to disable visibility on negative ratings, making them anonymous to those whom receive the rating. Even if I disable list visibility, notifications, and newsfeed on the user's stream, you can still see who rated your posts by going to the "Ratings I've Received" page which cannot be removed.
@Luke Foreman is this in the roadmap?
I need negative votes but I don't want that who receive the negative vote knows who send it.
With that feature I think you are going to get more customers (included me :D). Other users I think will be @Ellie, @RoldanLT and @null0 , right?

Last edited:
I think the following features would make a good addition:
  • Support a 'reason' field, where a user can provide a reason for leaving a rating. The admin should be able to specify if reasons are required and/or publicly visible.
  • Support a ratings limit per usergroup. A group may make x ratings per x period of time. This will discourage bad ratings so users would know they had a limit and only rate posts that truly deserved it.

I'm using the rating system and it works great. Unfortunately there's one issue. I'm using the system with the "input bar minimum opacity" set to 0. For some reason the ratings are not hiding when you're not hovering over them. This happens only on Google Chrome. I tried with Firefox and it works fine. Anyone having the same issue. Sorry if this was already reported, didn't have the time to go through all 112 pages.

Is there an easy way of switching on or off the different tabs in the Notable Members page? If I only wanted to show the Most Positive Ratings tab I could just turn the others off completely.

Screenshot_6.webp

Template: dark_postrating_member_notable_tabs

Replace with:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.negative} || {$postrating_enabled_ratings.positive}">
    <xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.positive}">
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "positive_ratings"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=positive_ratings'}">{xen:phrase dark_most_positive_ratings}</a></li>
    </xen:if>
    <xen:comment><xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.negative}">
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "negative_ratings"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=negative_ratings'}">{xen:phrase dark_most_negative_ratings}</a></li>
    </xen:if></xen:comment>
<xen:else />
    <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "likes"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=likes'}">{xen:phrase most_likes}</a></li>

Screenshot_5.webp

View attachment 83037

Template: dark_postrating_member_notable_tabs

Replace with:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.negative} || {$postrating_enabled_ratings.positive}">
    <xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.positive}">
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "positive_ratings"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=positive_ratings'}">{xen:phrase dark_most_positive_ratings}</a></li>
    <xen:comment><xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.negative}">
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "negative_ratings"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=negative_ratings'}">{xen:phrase dark_most_negative_ratings}</a></li>
    </xen:if></xen:comment>
<xen:else />
    <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "likes"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=likes'}">{xen:phrase most_likes}</a></li>

View attachment 83039
Perfect, thanks.

can you please create some sort of option menu in the admin cp where administrator can delete ratings given by users, received by users, all -neg ratings etc please.

Thank you!

Is it possible to see where your peer got that specific rating.

So if I have a kiss rating.

I want my girl to see the exact posts where I have received the kisses.

Thanks.

If someone views someone else's following or followers list, the totals for their ratings. Especially noticeable is the neutral/negative ratings are always zero as it looks like it is only counting "Likes".

Screenshot:
example.webp

Top Bottom