Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Getting this error

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XfAddOns_Blogs_Override_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() - library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php:18
Generated By: Brent, Yesterday at 6:02 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(66) "https://www.aspiescentral.com/admin.php?add-ons/PostRating/upgrade"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/PostRating/upgrade"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

I have had this running for days and it's still nowhere near done. Often it just doesn't run any more when I run the deferred jobs. Sometimes it pops up and just continues. I think maybe the job doesn't finish and somewhere the system sort of forgets about it for a while and then remembers.
Is there anything you can do to optimise the recount so that it takes a reasonable amount of time? With 300,000 members and 20 million posts?

In library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php, try raising the PER_PAGE constant to 100000 or so (basically as high as possible without resulting in timeouts). However note you would need to cancel and restart the deferred task for this to be changed.

Getting this error

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XfAddOns_Blogs_Override_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() - library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php:18
Generated By: Brent, Yesterday at 6:02 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(66) "https://www.aspiescentral.com/admin.php?add-ons/PostRating/upgrade"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/PostRating/upgrade"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Make sure the PHP files are correctly uploaded before applying the xml upgrade

Under the user profiles it still displays Likes with the numbers, rather than the red/green bar. How do I go about changing the like display?

If you remove all of the negative ratings in the "Ratings" screen in the Admin CP, will the addon still show the number of negative ratings in the standard "positive/neutral/negative" format? For example, in the following image, it shows the positive, neutral, and negative ratings in a standard format:
av48.png
In other words, if I removed all negative ratings from the ACP, making all ratings positive or neutral, throughout the whole site, so that everyone had exactly 0 negative ratings, would it still show a red 0 all over the site?

Thanks in advance for any help! While negative ratings may be great for most sites, I suspect that negative ratings aren't appropriate for our site and I want to know if there is a way to remove them.

If you remove all of the negative ratings in the "Ratings" screen in the Admin CP, will the addon still show the number of negative ratings in the standard "positive/neutral/negative" format? For example, in the following image, it shows the positive, neutral, and negative ratings in a standard format:
av48.png
In other words, if I removed all negative ratings from the ACP, making all ratings positive or neutral, throughout the whole site, so that everyone had exactly 0 negative ratings, would it still show a red 0 all over the site?

Thanks in advance for any help! While negative ratings may be great for most sites, I suspect that negative ratings aren't appropriate for our site and I want to know if there is a way to remove them.

If you also tick the option 'Never show negative rating totals' then these will be hidden

Feature request - when a user is banned from a thread (new thread reply ban functionality in xf v1.4), the user should not be able to give post ratings.
@Luke Foreman - could you please advise if you will implement this? It's becoming quite an issue when a user that is thread reply banned, is still able to give post ratings (especially negative). They are reply banned because they are not behaving, and still allowing them to give post ratings in the thread is counter productive.

Trying to install on a clean installation of XF.
First attempt resulted in error:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() in /library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php on line 18"
Steps taken: Uninstalled XenTag
Second attempt resulted in error:
"Install attempt resulted in "ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Nobita_Teams_XenForo_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() - library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php:18"
Steps taken: Uninstalled Nobita Teams
Third attempt resulted in error:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() -library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php:18

Note: When uninstalling, it seems to 'hang', and the tables aren't removed, have to manually drop tables from database to re-install.
Running XF version 1.4.3.

Just curious.. what is your PHP version?
Also, are you doing any active caching (APCu, Memcached, etc).

@Luke Foreman - could you please advise if you will implement this? It's becoming quite an issue when a user that is thread reply banned, is still able to give post ratings (especially negative). They are reply banned because they are not behaving, and still allowing them to give post ratings in the thread is counter productive.

I have noted this for the next release, must have missed it previously

Trying to install on a clean installation of XF.
First attempt resulted in error:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() in /library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php on line 18"
Steps taken: Uninstalled XenTag
Second attempt resulted in error:
"Install attempt resulted in "ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Nobita_Teams_XenForo_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() - library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php:18"
Steps taken: Uninstalled Nobita Teams
Third attempt resulted in error:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() -library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php:18

Note: When uninstalling, it seems to 'hang', and the tables aren't removed, have to manually drop tables from database to re-install.
Running XF version 1.4.3.

The errors do not indicate compatibility issues with the addons mentioned, it's just coincidental that their model names appear. Hanging while uninstalling is unusual, as very little besides standard XF addon uninstallation is performed. The tables are not dropped by design - there is no standard for this and I believe user generated content should not be removed on addon uninstallation, as it makes reinstalling a hassle and can result in accidental data loss. However there is a bug in the latest release where the dark_postrating_post_cache table must be manually dropped for reinstallation - this will be fixed in 1.7.1.

If re-uploading the PHP files does not allow you to install cleanly, try installing, ignore the error, then go to /install to rebuild master data, and finally run the Recount Ratings process from the admin panel. As @Tracy Perry mentioned, if you have aggressive opcode caching being applied (i.e. more than a few seconds between stat's), it would be worth clearing the cache after re-uploading the PHP files and before installing.

Failing that, can you please PM me admin CP and FTP details to take a look

Is there a way to see total counts of "favorite image" for the week? Trying to use this to find the favorite images that users have posted throughout the forum over a week or so. Thanks!

Took a couple of tries, rebuilding the master data, (keep getting 500 internal during the run-deferred process, but I think that's something to do with the host's security settings) - but it seems like everything is working as intended.
Thanks!

Hello,

I would like to know how I could change the text "Like x 1" in the rated bar as in the example below
Current_style.webp

by just a white number on a red background as in the picture below ?
Wanted_style.webp
Thank you for your help :)

Any chance of adding a feature to enable certain ratings for only certain people? I'd like to reduce the amount of Usergroups with only one person we have.

@Luke Foreman

Could you add a 4th rating class which is not counted in the totals or the ratings bar? Currently we have Positive, Neutral and Negative but I want to create a class of ratings which will not be counted in the totals. A nil count.

For example we have some chat forums where the post count is switched off so users can chat without increasing their post count to silly levels. It would be cool if I could create a set of ratings just for that forum which users can use but which wouldn't count to their ratings totals.

Basically a 0 count rating to go with Positive, Neutral and Negative. I dont want to use Neutral as this will make every poster look like a fence sitter and everyone's neutral ratio will dwarf the negative or positive. Thanks for reading.

Top Bottom