Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Hi,

I really love this addon and I've been using it for almost a year now. However, I just updated to XF1.2, changed the forum style to Aurora, installed PostRatings 1.6.1, and suddenly we can't see any ratings on posts. Any reason why this could be happening? The forum is @ http://www.promethea-ftb.com

Edit: more info, other addons I have installed are Clickable Rows, Nodes as Tabs & Xenporta.

Also, the contents of the forum are the result of a restore from the database of the old forum with xenforo 1.1.x.

No errors in the error console.

Disabling every other addon does not make Post Ratings work.

Problem Solved: I had assumed PostRatings permissions would transfer from the backup but they did not, so users did not have permissions to see PostRatings.

Last edited:
@Luke Foreman would love to see an option of what icons can be used per node. Like for example ability to use a few sports related icons on a sports section, few computer geeky ones in technology etc. Nodes used on could be placed along side usergroup options for the icon.

+1

I'm waiting for this (and multiple ratings per post) before I purchase it.

Last edited:
Luke how difficult would it be to add an option to place the post ratings within the messageMeta div to the left of the publicControls div? Thinking about this, while the dark_postrating div can add a nice spacer, one might argue that it's more intuitive to have it along side the other controls in the post. Just a thought.

temp1.webp

PM me your email address used for payment and I'll resend the latest zip package to you - it's possible the xml file is corrupt.

Hi Luke,

Just tried the latest zip and we still got the same errors in the xml. :(

Soory not to read all posts here before i ask my question:)

Is there a backend option to disable the "list" button for negative ratings? I think its good for objective ratings when people are anonym, so they do not have to fear any sanctions by the bad rated person.

Thanks so much for the great addon. I just need the answer, and when there is a easy way for my user to be anonymous i definately buy that plugin.

Regards, René

Hey, I mentioned this awhile back, but could we have the ability to whitelist a rating for one user, I'd be interested in funding it, if possible.

Hi!

I just installed this addon and configured some options but i don't know why but rating icons are showed like this. How could i put them into the same bar?

Captura de pantalla 2013-11-12 a la(s) 22.26.51.webp

I just bought this add-on and installed it in my test environment. It displays the previous likes but the tool bar is missing. There is no way to even give a LIKE anymore.

I am on Version 1.2.3 of Xenforo and installed the version for 1.2.

I just bought this add-on and installed it in my test environment. It displays the previous likes but the tool bar is missing. There is no way to even give a LIKE anymore.

I am on Version 1.2.3 of Xenforo and installed the version for 1.2.

Have you enabled the permissions for the addon in your usergroups?

That was it ! Thanks!!!

Now for the next issue. The icons are very faint and the text when you hover is almost unreadable. (bubble text) What would control that? I would also like to move the tool bar more to the center of the screen. It is currently far to the left.

upload_2013-11-14_12-48-56.webp

Can you point me in the right direction as to what some good settings might be and under what heading they are? I want something that looks as bold as possible.

--Dan

Can you point me in the right direction as to what some good settings might be and under what heading they are? I want something that looks as bold as possible.

--Dan
Are you familar with CSS?

I believe the majority (if not all) of those settings will be under "dark_postrating.css". I customized a few features of ours.

OK, Eoj did an excellent job of helping me fix my development site, however I can't get a hold of him now and I really want to fix my production site. I tried exporting the Style from Dev and Importing it into Prod and it didn't seem to work. Can someone tell me how I bring all changes related to the Style (css) into Production?

OK, Eoj did an excellent job of helping me fix my development site, however I can't get a hold of him now and I really want to fix my production site. I tried exporting the Style from Dev and Importing it into Prod and it didn't seem to work. Can someone tell me how I bring all changes related to the Style (css) into Production?

PM'd you.

Feature request:

I'd love the location not to be so hard coded.... ie.... I would like to be able to load the images via CDN. But that doesn't seem to be possible at the moment.

If tell it the image is at

cdn.sociallyuncensored.com/thumb-up.png

It ends up trying to load it here.
http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/styles/dark/ratings/cdn.sociallyuncensored.com/thumb-up.png

If I try to be exact
cdn.sociallyuncensored.com/styles/dark/ratings/thumb-up.png

It ends up trying to load it here
http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/styles/dark/ratings/cdn.sociallyuncensored.com/styles/dark/ratings/thumb-up.png

Something keeps it from loading on a different domain name. I'm assuming it's some sort of hard code somewhere.

Top Bottom