Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

You can disable the option 'Enable alerts/news feed integration'

"disable alerts"? this also prevent the users from getting an alert when someone rates their posts, and that's essential!!

They should get alerts, but the ratings shouldnt clog the "Recent Activity", you know?

thx

Hello'

How can I center the rating instead of having them show on the right?

Thank you

Gabby

You can do something like this in extra.css:

Code:
.dark_postrating_inputlist { width: 100%; text-align: center; }

"disable alerts"? this also prevent the users from getting an alert when someone rates their posts, and that's essential!!

They should get alerts, but the ratings shouldnt clog the "Recent Activity", you know?

thx

Sorry that's a very good point, I'll separate the option in the next update.

The "Most Positive Ratings" listing seems to ignore the settings from the Notable Members add-on (which limits the Notable Members list to only include members who have been active recently). Is there a way to make them play nicely together? :)

Not without one addon adding a hack to support the other's code

Is there any way for members to post more than one rating for same post? Let's say, friendly and informative for example.

Thank you

Gabby

I'm getting this error when certain members click the "Ratings Given" link:
Code:
Error Info

ErrorException: array_key_exists() [<a href='function.array-key-exists'>function.array-key-exists</a>]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer - library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Account.php:73
Generated By: Syndol, 39 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(5, Array)
#1 /home/adminx/public_html/library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Account.php(73): array_key_exists()
#2 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Dark_PostRating_ControllerPublic_Account->actionRatingsGiven(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#4 /home/adminx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(43) "http://adminextra.com/account/ratings-given"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

OK - was able to narrow it down. The error only happens when certain members like a Showcase item and then click the post ratings given link.

Hi, we're having issues upgrading post ratings to the latest version. We're currently on XF 1.2.1 and we're installing manually using the 1.2+ version of the install. The errors we're seeing are when installing via the xml file and the output is:

Code:
Server Error

String could not be parsed as XML

SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 0
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getXmlType() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 33
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/precursorgames.com/httpdocs/forums/admin.php at line 13

After using this I'd like to say that the tagline of this is add-on is a little misleading "taking likes to the next level"

Consider the
clear.png
standard list of icons:

upload_2013-10-27_20-25-31.webp

Almost all are positive ratings. But if you use anything other than "like", it doesn't record a like against the thread. If you have a thread with 50 informative votes. It will have 0 likes on the forum. So if you use widgets for things like, most liked thread or you sort your thread by thread_likes, the add-on is actually detrimental to your forum.

So not really sure how this addon takes likes to the next level. A like is a like.

A simple fix would for all positive votes to equal a like. It would simplify the sql as well (looking at the union queries used) and take the "Standard Like System" to a new level.

I'm not saying this a is a bad mod. It just seems that it's gone off track over time as you used to be able to keep likes and use the custom ones also. So you could like a thread and mark it as informative.

clear.png

Last edited:
Is there any way for members to post more than one rating for same post? Let's say, friendly and informative for example.

Thank you

Gabby
Unfortunately that's not currently possible, sorry

Hi, we're having issues upgrading post ratings to the latest version. We're currently on XF 1.2.1 and we're installing manually using the 1.2+ version of the install. The errors we're seeing are when installing via the xml file and the output is:

Code:
Server Error

String could not be parsed as XML

SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 0
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getXmlType() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 33
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/precursorgames.com/httpdocs/forums/admin.php at line 13

PM me your email address used for payment and I'll resend the latest zip package to you - it's possible the xml file is corrupt.

Hi,

How do i fix this issue :

View attachment 60122

It happens on all templates ...

Best regards

Go to appearance > style properties > message layout > content container and increase the margin left field a bit

For anyone who was having trouble purchasing this addon: apologies for the inconvenience. A temporary server has been brought online to facilitate purchases while the main one is repaired.

I'm getting this error when certain members click the "Ratings Given" link:
Code:
Error Info

ErrorException: array_key_exists() [<a href='function.array-key-exists'>function.array-key-exists</a>]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer - library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Account.php:73
Generated By: Syndol, 39 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(5, Array)
#1 /home/adminx/public_html/library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Account.php(73): array_key_exists()
#2 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Dark_PostRating_ControllerPublic_Account->actionRatingsGiven(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#4 /home/adminx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(43) "http://adminextra.com/account/ratings-given"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Luke Foreman Any thoughts on this? The error only occurs after the user likes a Showcase item and then clicks the "Ratings Given" link.

Top Bottom