Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Hi, I'M new to Xenforo and i'm having trouble installing this addon, could somebody give me a step by step guide to install this addon with out TMS. Thanks

Hi, I'M new to Xenforo and i'm having trouble installing this addon, could somebody give me a step by step guide to install this addon with out TMS. Thanks

To use manual edits instead of TMS, skip step 1 of the installation instructions and instead follow step 4 (the manual edits are here)

How soon after payment would I get the files?

Still kind of waiting on that.....

(If you want me to send you a pm, you'll need to shoot me one first)

post-rating.webp

Sorry for the delay, just verified and sent now :)
Outstanding :D

I've been depending on another user to provide me this for a while.... But we banned that person and as such were not getting update. Could never purchase it directly because you were using Paypal and that's like mission impossible for me (I normally can not use Paypal).

Wish more people would think outside the box (outside of paypal). Would save me from having to depend on other people to buy things.

One question before I put some money in this add-on : When deleting this add-on; does it remove all the ratings gracefully and restoring the old 'Likes' system? Do users lose the likes count they've received when removing the add-on?

One question before I put some money in this add-on : When deleting this add-on; does it remove all the ratings gracefully and restoring the old 'Likes' system? Do users lose the likes count they've received when removing the add-on?

It is designed by default so that the 'Like' rating is 100% backwards and forwards compatible with the existing Likes system (Likes from before Post Ratings are displayed as Like ratings, and any new Like ratings are stored as legacy Likes)

So to answer your question, Likes are kept when uninstalling. However all other ratings are removed.

Like count will remain intact, but it will be a count of just Likes (both legacy and new), not other types of positive rating.

Hey, how can I move where the Rating bar is at in the message user info? I want to move it below my extra custom fields.

It is designed by default so that the 'Like' rating is 100% backwards and forwards compatible with the existing Likes system (Likes from before Post Ratings are displayed as Like ratings, and any new Like ratings are stored as legacy Likes)

So to answer your question, Likes are kept when uninstalling. However all other ratings are removed.

Like count will remain intact, but it will be a count of just Likes (both legacy and new), not other types of positive rating.

Would you consider an option to allow all positive ratings (non-like POSITIVE ratings) to be stored as standard likes upon uninstall as well?

Would you consider an option to allow all positive ratings (non-like POSITIVE ratings) to be stored as standard likes upon uninstall as well?

It should be possible with a query post-uninstall as long as you keep the old postrating tables intact (they are not dropped on uninstall just in case)

If anyone desperately wants it I'd be happy to write it

It should be possible with a query post-uninstall as long as you keep the old postrating tables intact (they are not dropped on uninstall just in case)

Can I pay you to create a widget plugin that will show the TOP 10 or however amount most Liked Members? Basically with the most positive ratings for the Month and then another of All time?

This would be sincerely appreciated. No super rush, but I'd really like to have this in the near future.

This would be sincerely appreciated. No super rush, but I'd really like to have this in the near future.

Will get that written when I get a chance :)

Hey, how can I move where the Rating bar is at in the message user info? I want to move it below my extra custom fields.

It is added to the end of <xen:hook name="message_user_info_extra">, so simply ensure your custom fields come above the closing </xen:hook> for that hook.

Dark, I have an idea how to enhance your addon.
Usually, when you visit a thread you don't know what overall value the thread has till you read it. Is it informative? Is it funny? Is it full of sarcasm? Is it full of trolls?

I suggest to give threads more "life" by counting all ratings given in this thread and displaying them near the thread title. I have made a concept pic:

threadRatings.webp

What do you think?

Another suggestion:

I have a premium usergroup that can use specific additional ratings that standard members cannot use. You refer to these as "whitelisted" groups.

However, standard members cannot see any "list" display, nor have any way to see the "premium" (special usergroup) ratings they *received*. I think you should be able to VIEW them no matter if they were available to standard or other usergroups, but just not be able to SELECT one in a post of course.

I believe I've also had a report that standard members do not get an alert when they receive a whitelisted (special usergroup) rating. Not sure if anyone else using this modification is experiencing this?

Can this be some sort of option, or fixed in some way?

Top Bottom