Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I have installed (went awesomely) and now I have a few comments hehehe

I love the concept of this addon so much, it actually will work for an idea I had a few months back, but a couple of things. I saw mention of spritesheets earlier, I'd really like to +1 that and beg (pathetically, if I must) for it to be done. Also, would it be possible to not have the options as a hover. Apart from being really annoying when you're scrolling down a thread, it has the possibility of causing confusion for people. For those people who use xenforo already, they'll be looking for the Like button and not finding it. For those who haven' used xenforo before, they won't know it's there at all unless they move their mouse in its general direction.

*edited to add:-

A possible suggestion could be to have an overlay open or the images to show beneath when someone clicks "like" giving the various options.

I have to admit the hovering is very annoying especially since your mouse cursor will be moving quite frequently in post content areas so +1 to removing that, and/or making it optional to be on full view or lower the opacity slightly and make the hover only slight so it's not distracting.

Another suggestion, when clicking the "List" link for the totals popup, in that popup, maybe add some more information in the header of the popup. Something to better identify what it is you just clicked on. Maybe the name of the person that posted the reply, etc.

Another suggestion, when clicking the "List" link for the totals popup, in that popup, maybe add some more information in the header of the popup. Something to better identify what it is you just clicked on. Maybe the name of the person that posted the reply, etc.

Good idea I'll add that :)

One question, is it possible to give a post multiple ratings? For instance, I can "like" a post, but maybe I also think it's "informative", etc. Not sure if this is really needed/feasible, but I was just trying to do this and you no longer get the ratings bar, once you've selected something.

One question, is it possible to give a post multiple ratings? For instance, I can "like" a post, but maybe I also think it's "informative", etc. Not sure if this is really needed/feasible, but I was just trying to do this and you no longer get the ratings bar, once you've selected something.

It's not easily possible given the database design and some other factors, but something to consider for the future maybe

Found a small bug with the statistics. There's a checkbox for "Post Ratings" on the daily xF stats, but when displaying the stats, there's no data returned for this. I've checked a few things with it, so not sure why it's not appearing. Maybe a cron has to run or something to generate this data?

Certainly will make the hover thing an option, perhaps something along the lines of minimum opacity when not hovered

Certainly an option def. I think devs retaining to keep a clean look is going too far they tend to forget these (I call them vbulletin hovers) they distract the crap with the flickering of a bunch of icons.I'm currently foaming at the mouth and taking a fit with the flickering.

I've just been in the css and there's just no way of removing this flicker /hovering temporarily is there something that can be done to show these on full view until this option becomes available DI? Thanks and it's looking to be a nice add-on except for this hovering distraction which is a real pain.

Ps. I'm admin at adminextra.com so I'm helping az in getting this styled and setup just a headsup incase your thinking I'm using an illegal copy which I'm not.

Found a small bug with the statistics. There's a checkbox for "Post Ratings" on the daily xF stats, but when displaying the stats, there's no data returned for this. I've checked a few things with it, so not sure why it's not appearing. Maybe a cron has to run or something to generate this data?

Yes there is a nightly cron 'Record Daily Statistics', probably best not to run it manually

I've just been in the css and there's just no way of removing this flicker /hovering temporarily is there something that can be done to show these on full view until this option becomes available DI? Thanks and it's looking to be a nice add-on except for this hovering distraction which is a real pain.
I really do hope there's a way of removing this temporarily, otherwise we'll have to keep it switched off until it's updated. I can't inflict the on/off hovering on my memberbase - they'd string me up :D

Quick question, we have been testing this on our site and noticed that if you get someone a negative feedback -1 and delete the post, and then recount ratings, the negative rating is still there. Is this by design?

Quick question, we have been testing this on our site and noticed that if you get someone a negative feedback -1 and delete the post, and then recount ratings, the negative rating is still there. Is this by design?

It's kind of arguable either way, but I've actually just noticed like counts do take into account when posts are soft/hard deleted so I'll do the same for ratings

I really do hope there's a way of removing this temporarily, otherwise we'll have to keep it switched off until it's updated. I can't inflict the on/off hovering on my memberbase - they'd string me up :D

Yeah it's easy, I did it last night right after I purchased. Edit the following (or overwrite it with !important via EXTRA.css so you're not editing Dark's template directly):

dark_postrating.css (changes in bold) -

Rich (BB code):
.dark_postrating_inputlist { display: block; cursor: default; float: right; opacity: 0.25; font-size: 11px; height: 16px; -ms-filter:'alpha(opacity=25)'; filter:alpha(opacity=0) }

or simply add ".dark_postrating_inputlist { opacity: 0.25 !important; -ms-filter:'alpha(opacity=25)' !important; }" to EXTRA.css (I think, haven't actually tested it this way, I did it the messy way just to see if it would work).

Anyway, change 25 to whatever you want your minimum opacity to appear as. Then open postrating.js from /js/ and edit this line (2nd one, not the top one) -

Rich (BB code):
$(this).find("ul.dark_postrating_inputlist").stop().animate({opacity:"0.25"}, 100);

and that should do it. Ratings will appear always with an opacity of 0.25, then once hovered it will go to normal opacity.

If you don't want any hover action at all, then you can just set the opacity: 0.25 in the Extra.css to 1 (or remove it entirely if you edited dark_postrating.css directly) and comment out the area in the postrating.js that looks for the ul.dark_postrating_inputlist class in order to apply the animation (be careful not to break the functionality of the JS). I actually like the hover so I've left this alone and have not tested it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Hope this helps, sorry it's a bit messy.

Top Bottom