Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I did that on our forums today. You can do this entirely yourself by using FB's sprite, create new ratings and their respective positions and voila :)

View attachment 130047

@Luke F have you ever considered expanding the post ratings to be used inside the resource manager? I'd love to use the ratings there as well

The internal design of Post Ratings makes that difficult to add at the moment, but maybe something for the future

@Luke F

Is there a way that members who don't want to see ratings can disable seeing the ratings under posts?

Is there a way to limit how many ratings per day a user can give?

Can ratings be limited to the first post of the thread only?

Thanks for another great add-on!

- There is no built in way of doing this, but you could potentially use a custom user field and a template condition to hide the ratings output
- That is not possible unfortunately
- Yes when editing a rating you can tick 'First post only'

Hi @Luke F

I'm having some custom icons designed for this to go with our niche. I did a little test using a 32*32 icon, the display seemed fine in the list on the right of the post but if used, the counter under the post where you have the icon appear along with the number of times it's been selected has the icon overlapping over the border. Is this something that can easily be fixed? Do you see any other issues with us using 32*32 icons? (other than page loading/speed). Thanks

yuqd.png

The CSS is built around 16x16 icons but with a few tweaks it should work. Can you link to an example of where it is broken?

Is an extension planned for profile posts? Clearly, there's missing!

Unfortunately Post Ratings was originally designed in a way that makes that tricky to add, but something for the future perhaps

I bought this plug-in back in August 2014, but haven't been keeping my board updated (until recently, that is) and am trying to get everything updated. I haven't received emails about updates to this plug-in in some time, though, and would like to get back on the list/get the latest version. Help appreciated @Luke F!

PM me your purchase email and I'll get the latest version re-sent to you

How do you move the postbit position of the ratings?

Are you referring to the totals that appear under a user's avatar next to posts? That can be reordered relative to built-in XF values there by moving things around in the template message_user_info

@Luke F is there a way to prevent admin posts from being rated?

Unfortunately that isn't possible

@Luke F can you tell me exactly where the code is that needs to be conditoned out with a custom user field for users that don't want to see the ratings? thanks for your help and a great add-on.

@Luke F can you tell me exactly where the code is that needs to be conditoned out with a custom user field for users that don't want to see the ratings? thanks for your help and a great add-on.

Add a condition around the contents of the dark_postrating template

I'm having some custom icons designed for this to go with our niche. I did a little test using a 32*32 icon, the display seemed fine in the list on the right of the post but if used, the counter under the post where you have the icon appear along with the number of times it's been selected has the icon overlapping over the border. Is this something that can easily be fixed? Do you see any other issues with us using 32*32 icons? (other than page loading/speed). Thanks

Adjust as necessary.
Code:
.message .dark_postrating.likesSummary, .dark_postrating { padding-bottom: 10px !important; }

You might also want to realign the text in the box.
Code:
.dark_postrating_outputlist li img, .dark_postrating_thread_rating img { vertical-align: middle !important; }

I'm going to purchase it. But there is a question.

Is there any plan to make this add-on like new way of liking in Facebook?
So that when we click the like button, a popup opens, containing different ways of feeling. And we can choose which one we want. (and they are not all displayed by default and separated from system's like functionality.)

Thanks

Hello we have this on our site, but they are not showing up for any users, even when given the right permissions. Are there any settings that we should know about that may be disabling the ratings and preventing them from showing up in posts?

Hello we have this on our site, but they are not showing up for any users, even when given the right permissions. Are there any settings that we should know about that may be disabling the ratings and preventing them from showing up in posts?

Can you PM me admin CP details to take a look please?

Hi,
Is it possible to disable likes on recent activity in one theme? We have several themes, but we would like to disable showing likes on recent activity for one of them. This way our members can choose their unique personal preference settings for forum experience. Thanks in advance

I have edited the news_feed template as shown in the quoted message below , thanks for Brogan.
The standart likes are now excluded from the recent activity page. But I also need to remove the postrating likes from recent activity.

There is no configurable option for that.

You can though edit the news_feed template like so:
Rich (BB code):
<xen:require css="events.css" />
<xen:require css="news_feed.css" />
<xen:require js="js/xenforo/news_feed.js" />

<xen:if is="{$newsFeed}">
    <ol class="eventList">
        <xen:foreach loop="$newsFeed" value="$item">
            <xen:if is="{$item.action} != 'like'">  
                <xen:include template="news_feed_item">
                    <xen:set var="$itemTemplate">{xen:raw $item.template}</xen:set>
                    <xen:set var="$itemDate">{$item.event_date}</xen:set>
                </xen:include>
            </xen:if>
        </xen:foreach>
    </ol>
<xen:else />
    {xen:raw $noContentHtml}

Note the added code in orange.

Added the orange lines per Brogan's instructions to remove likes from the news feed. And by trial and error I added the blue lines and now the postrating likes are also excluded from the recent activity page. I got the result I wanted but please correct me if this is a wrong way to do it.

news_feed template
Rich (BB code):
<xen:require css="events.css" />
<xen:require css="news_feed.css" />
<xen:require js="js/xenforo/news_feed.js" />

<xen:if is="{$newsFeed}">
    <ol class="eventList">
        <xen:foreach loop="$newsFeed" value="$item">
            <xen:if is="{$item.action} != 'like'">  
            <xen:if is="{$item.action} != 'rate'">  
                <xen:include template="news_feed_item">
                    <xen:set var="$itemTemplate">{xen:raw $item.template}</xen:set>
                    <xen:set var="$itemDate">{$item.event_date}</xen:set>
                </xen:include>
        </xen:foreach>
    </ol>
<xen:else />
    {xen:raw $noContentHtml}

One more Feature request:

- Enable/Disable "View negative rating rater" based on User group.

----

I intend to use this ad-on simply as a "Reddit style" thumbs up or down system. I want negative raters to be anonymous (Admins excluded) so one negative rating does't turn into a retaliation brigade because User1 has it out for User2. Admin's or Moderators may see things so they can identifier abusers of the system. Basically remove "dark_postrating_account_ratings_received" from any view unless permitted.

This would be a very useful feature. I think this add on deserves the work required for adding this feature :)

Top Bottom