Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

It doesn't support like systems in other places? like in XFRM and XFMG and ...?
Hope to see it supports like system everywhere in site.
For example nowadays Groups is one important part in our site.

Where do I write this in order to remove a negative rating?

delete pr
from dark_postrating pr
left join dark_postrating_ratings r on pr.rating = r.id
where pr.rated_user_id = x and r.type = -1

Thanks!

Can this add on be integrated into the Resource Manager and Media Gallery? I already bought licenses for my sites, but it seems I can only use them on posts, not resource/media comments. Is that planned at some point?

Is it possible, say with a simple MYSQL query, to find the "funniest" or "most helpful" post in the last 30 days?

Maybe a bug.
When I rate a post, then click on the "List" and hover on ratings and click on "Delete rating" next to my own rating, then the rating will be deleted. But I can't re-rate the post until I refresh the page (the rating bar gets hidden until I refresh the page):
rating.gif

Also, isn't it possible to use phrases in rating's name? (so that be able to define phrase and use it. In multiple language sites would be useful and also needed)

Hi, I'm having an issue with the DBTech Adv. Post Thanks/Like import

When running the query I get an error:
Code:
#1054 - Unknown column 'THANKS_RATING_ID' in 'field list'

Looking in the table, there is no THANKS_RATING_ID to be found. Is there any fix for this? I see one or two others have had the same issue but I haven't found a fix for it.

EDIT: Please ignore, me being silly not reading the instructions. Thanks rating ID is a number I was supposed to put in!

Last edited:
I disabled signatures for my users.. and the post ratings disappeared on me. I'd like to keep them in the same spot, but not have signatures.. what can I do?

Post Thank You Hack import:

Code:
insert ignore into XENFORO_DB_NAME.dark_postrating select null, postid, userid, content_userid, THANKS_RATING_ID, date from VBULLETIN_DB_NAME.post_thanks

For both queries you must import keeping source IDs and replace the bits in caps with the relevant values. Once done, run Recount Ratings in your Admin CP.
I'm trying to use the above query to import the Post Thanks data, but there's no content_userid field in my vB_post_thanks table. How do I get this imported?

I'm trying to use the above query to import the Post Thanks data, but there's no content_userid field in my vB_post_thanks table. How do I get this imported?

What fields are there for you?

I disabled signatures for my users.. and the post ratings disappeared on me. I'd like to keep them in the same spot, but not have signatures.. what can I do?

Have you tried toggling the option 'Display ratings bar above signature'?

Where do I write this in order to remove a negative rating?

delete pr
from dark_postrating pr
left join dark_postrating_ratings r on pr.rating = r.id
where pr.rated_user_id = x and r.type = -1

Thanks!

You would run that as a query in phpmyadmin or similar, and don't forget to take a database backup first!

Can this add on be integrated into the Resource Manager and Media Gallery? I already bought licenses for my sites, but it seems I can only use them on posts, not resource/media comments. Is that planned at some point?

Maybe in the XF 2.0 rewrite, but there are no plans to extend the current version with that functionality

is there any feature to hide post/attachment by using these rating

If you mean like being unable to view a post until you have rated it, that should be possible with template edits although it is not something I could provide support for

Maybe a bug.
When I rate a post, then click on the "List" and hover on ratings and click on "Delete rating" next to my own rating, then the rating will be deleted. But I can't re-rate the post until I refresh the page (the rating bar gets hidden until I refresh the page):

Also, isn't it possible to use phrases in rating's name? (so that be able to define phrase and use it. In multiple language sites would be useful and also needed)

Have noted that bug

Rating names are automatically phrased, e.g. dark_postrating_rating_1_title, where 1 is the ID of the rating

What fields are there for you?

I have:
id (int 10, auto increment)
userid (int 10)
username (varchar 50)
date (int 10)
postid (int 10)

And some sample data:

INSERT INTO `vB_post_thanks` (`id`, `userid`, `username`, `date`, `postid`) VALUES
(20, 3674, 'Gladman', 1170026161, 12448),
(21, 3499, 'stitches', 1170092935, 12447);

I have:
id (int 10, auto increment)
userid (int 10)
username (varchar 50)
date (int 10)
postid (int 10)

And some sample data:

INSERT INTO `vB_post_thanks` (`id`, `userid`, `username`, `date`, `postid`) VALUES
(20, 3674, 'Gladman', 1170026161, 12448),
(21, 3499, 'stitches', 1170092935, 12447);

Code:
insert ignore into XENFORO_DB_NAME.dark_postrating select null, postid, userid, null, THANKS_RATING_ID, date from VBULLETIN_DB_NAME.post_thanks

Code:
update dark_postrating r set r.rated_user_id = (select p.user_id from xf_post p where p.post_id = r.post_id) where r.rated_user_id is null

I had to add a LIMIT to get that second statement to run, but I eventually got all the ids added. Unfortunately, when I ran the recount in the admin panel, it seemed to work at first, but after a few minutes gave me this error:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/forum/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/RoutePrefix.php at line 41
  6. XenForo_Model_RoutePrefix->getPrefixesByRouteType() in XenForo/Model/RoutePrefix.php at line 54
  7. XenForo_Model_RoutePrefix->getPrefixesForRouteCache() in XenForo/Link.php at line 487
  8. XenForo_Link::_loadHandlerInfoForGroup() in XenForo/Link.php at line 404
  9. XenForo_Link::_getPrefixHandler() in XenForo/Link.php at line 370
  10. XenForo_Link::_buildLink() in XenForo/Link.php at line 97
  11. XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 197
  12. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 635
  13. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/forum/public_html/admin.php at line 13
I did take a backup before running it, but if I have to restore and do it over again how do I prevent this from happening again?

(It did seem to partially work; some of my members are now showing some Likes (well, on my forum, Thanks) in their profile totals. It does seem to be only a fraction of the actual number of Thanks they received before the forum change, so I guess it stopped part way through.)

Edit: huh, I could have sworn I saw data in either the dark_postratings_count or dark_postratings_post_cache table after running the recount script, but now they're both empty again. Weird.

Last edited:
Top Bottom