Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Hello!

I loaded a backup of the site after the server died with storage problem. The rating bar under each post where users give ratings doesn't display now.

I'm getting this error too:
Illegal string offset 'like_count' in /home/web/domains/domain.com/public_html/library/Dark/PostRating/EventListener.php, line 266

That condition should not be possible. I would advise re-uploading the Post Ratings files, 'upgrading' with the current Post Ratings addon XML file, and also running the XF file health checker

Hey!

For some reason the ratings displayed in sidebar and in postbit is different. The memberinfo on sidebar says for example (5) likes while the postbit says (1) like. Is there some setting I'm missing?

Do you have 'Enable postbit totals integration' disabled?

Hi Luke,
At lot of my members tell me that they keep accidentally hitting the wrong like option when scrolling using mobile devices. It seems the main issue is because the like action buttons are on the right of a post but the like results show on the left of a post.

How do I change these around please, so that the action is by the avatar and the result is on the right?

That should be as simple as:

Code:
.dark_postrating_inputlist { float: left !important; }
.dark_postrating_outputlist { float: right !important; }

(in EXTRA.css)

Hello!

I'm very interested in this add-on, but I do have a question if you don't mind. :p

Can you assign individual trophies for all of the elements or is it grouped under the existing system?

Trophies can only be assigned for positive, negative, neutral and total rating counts. They cannot be assigned for individual rating counts

Hi @Luke F

Still hoping for usergroup setting to allow self-ratings, have you considered it further again recently?

Cheers,

Regs.

I don't see it being a particularly popular option, but if you want to hack it into your own installation, in library/dark/postrating/model.php, remove:

Code:
    if ($post['user_id'] == $viewingUser['user_id'])
     {       
       $errorPhraseKey = 'dark_cant_rate_own_posts';
       return false;
     }

That condition should not be possible. I would advise re-uploading the Post Ratings files, 'upgrading' with the current Post Ratings addon XML file, and also running the XF file health checker

Thanks for the reply. I had downgraded php to version 5.6 and it works now. I think php7 had this issue. Anyone running this addon on php7?

Thanks for the reply. I had downgraded php to version 5.6 and it works now. I think php7 had this issue. Anyone running this addon on php7?
Working fine for me on 7.0.2

If you were running 7.0.0 or 7.0.1 that could have been the problem, I believe there was a bug that would cause errors like that

That should be as simple as:

Code:
.dark_postrating_inputlist { float: left !important; }
.dark_postrating_outputlist { float: right !important; }
(in EXTRA.css)

Thanks. Just got a bit of overlap on narrow screens. This is mobile, but same happens on desktop

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-15-20-05-17-1.webp
    Screenshot_2016-02-15-20-05-17-1.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 30
I've come across a problem which was found by one of my mods, moderators see "Likes received" instead of the post ratings of who's online. Regular members see it as post ratings. Is there any way to get it to set to post ratings of currently online users?

Awesome addon BTW :D

@Luke F We installed the Post Ratings add-on and it is great. However the one thing we wish we could do, is have certain positive ratings such as "Informative" give more "+" points than other positive ratings, such as "Agree". For example, we would like to set it up so that informative gives 3 positive points, whereas agree and like give only 1 positive point. We essentially want to place more value in things like "informative" and "helpful", than "like" and "agree". Is there a way to do this with Post Ratings? And if not, is this something you would consider developing?

I've come across a problem which was found by one of my mods, moderators see "Likes received" instead of the post ratings of who's online. Regular members see it as post ratings. Is there any way to get it to set to post ratings of currently online users?

Awesome addon BTW :D

It should not be possible for moderator status to affect this - it sounds like another addon is preventing post ratings from executing properly. Does it still occur with other addons disabled?

@Luke F We installed the Post Ratings add-on and it is great. However the one thing we wish we could do, is have certain positive ratings such as "Informative" give more "+" points than other positive ratings, such as "Agree". For example, we would like to set it up so that informative gives 3 positive points, whereas agree and like give only 1 positive point. We essentially want to place more value in things like "informative" and "helpful", than "like" and "agree". Is there a way to do this with Post Ratings? And if not, is this something you would consider developing?

Unfortunately that is not possible and it would require some redesigning of things as certain optimisations rely on ratings being worth exactly 1 point. For that reason it's not something I would have any plans to add, sorry :(

View attachment 129667

maybe release a Post Ratings version that is like the new Facebook ?
I did that on our forums today. You can do this entirely yourself by using FB's sprite, create new ratings and their respective positions and voila :)

fb likes.webp

@Luke F have you ever considered expanding the post ratings to be used inside the resource manager? I'd love to use the ratings there as well

Last edited:
@Luke F

Is there a way that members who don't want to see ratings can disable seeing the ratings under posts?

Is there a way to limit how many ratings per day a user can give?

Can ratings be limited to the first post of the thread only?

Thanks for another great add-on!

Last edited:
Hi @Luke F

I'm having some custom icons designed for this to go with our niche. I did a little test using a 32*32 icon, the display seemed fine in the list on the right of the post but if used, the counter under the post where you have the icon appear along with the number of times it's been selected has the icon overlapping over the border. Is this something that can easily be fixed? Do you see any other issues with us using 32*32 icons? (other than page loading/speed). Thanks

yuqd.png

I bought this plug-in back in August 2014, but haven't been keeping my board updated (until recently, that is) and am trying to get everything updated. I haven't received emails about updates to this plug-in in some time, though, and would like to get back on the list/get the latest version. Help appreciated @Luke F!

Top Bottom