Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Noticed an issue with some of the stats appearing twice, it happens on the default style as well as my custom one. It's the Positive ratings received:, Neutral ratings received: & Negative ratings received: showing under the rest of the rating stats.

Also looked on your gaming site and it shows the same for the profiles I looked at.

upload_2015-8-23_16-37-17.webp

@Luke F while you are making updates, can you please add a feature to send an a post to the moderators queue when it is automatically hidden due to negative feedback ratings.

I'm using this to give my users some ability to self policy spammers and trolls and it limits the benefit if I don't see when this happens.

Also would love it if there is a way to set permissions so that negative ratings don't generate alerts and users also cannot see who gave them.

I set "dislike" and one I called "disagree" to neutral and have on set to "Spam / Troll" which is the only negative rating but people are concerned about the OP seeing who has marked them as a troll. The post automatically gets hidden if 5 users hit the Spam/Troll button and that comprises more than 50% of the feedback ratings so these features would be a HUGE benefit to give my community members more ownership of the community.

Thanks!

I would love to see this add-on integrate with Brogan's Featured Threads & Portal add-on. However, Brogan wasn't too keen on the idea when I suggested it. He said:
I have looked at this before but the schema for the post ratings add-on means it would require a lot of extra joins/queries, so I decided against it.

If someone wants to create a mini add-on for it then they are free to do so.
This was back in June. Has the schema changed to become any simpler recently, by any chance? Or is there anyone interested in making a mini add-on for this? For free? :p

Last edited:
Hello @Luke F,

Hope you're doing well.

Regarding this option:
rating-replacement.webp

Any plans to extend this so it updates the online list as well? :)

Currently as it stands:

member-list.webp
Member list / Notable members

online-members.webp
Full online member list

Not installing for me :(
SiuVThY.png

That happened to me the first time. my problem was my FTP program.
Try to re-upload the files again using another FTP.

@Luke F Your replaceable which injects 'dark_postrating_likes_bar' into the message template is triggered for non-post content types. This causes Post Ratings to remove the Like Bar for content types that Post Ratings does not support.

Thanks Xon, opened a conversation with you.
more info about this idea:
I would like to control the time to undo certain ratings becase I'm considering to use post rating as a simple feedback system for sellers / buyers.
So, once a customer / buyer finish a deal, they have a limit of time to undo the ratings. (minutes, hour, or days)(depends of the rating)

Top Bottom