Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Post ratings aren't showing up anywhere. I've noticed people have had this issue and you've said it's permissions but my permissions are explicitly set to allow for registered users, I've also since set it to allow for all groups and it's still not showing up.

I can see the bar when someone's already liked a post, there's just nothing else in that bar.

I've tried the Xenporta2 line of code (although I'm using Xenporta) and that didn't help. I've tried reinstalling. I've checked every option I can find :/

Here's a thread on my forums:
Ranks | Redstone Rangers

ratings.png

Last edited:
Actually, I think the reason why ratings not appearing if you disable trophies is merely a template-related issue. While I was merging the template that handles the member card (I had some custom edit on it), I saw that there was a new conditional that would hide trophies if trophies were disabled. Perhaps the ratings simply got caught inside that conditionals and disappeared. I suppose it's that way with the other templates as well. I can't tell since I haven't bought Post Ratings yet, but that's gotta be it I guess.

Actually, I think the reason why ratings not appearing if you disable trophies is merely a template-related issue. While I was merging the template that handles the member card (I had some custom edit on it), I saw that there was a new conditional that would hide trophies if trophies were disabled. Perhaps the ratings simply got caught inside that conditionals and disappeared. I suppose it's that way with the other templates as well. I can't tell since I haven't bought Post Ratings yet, but that's gotta be it I guess.

I can't find out how to disable trophies so I don't think they have been disabled on my site.

if you're already in 1.5 you can disable completely the trophy system in ACP -> Options -> Content Tagging

screen-shot-2015-08-15-at-11-39-37-am-png.114103

Yeah, as @rafass said, it's 1.5's feature. There's no issue on 1.4.x because there was no option to disable trophies to begin with. I encountered the conditionals while I was upgrading my local installation to 1.5.

Luke F updated Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level with a new update entry:

Version 1.7.3

Please expand post to view the update instructions.

Changelog:

1.7.3 (22/08/2015):

• Fixed rating totals disappearing from member card, visitor panel and member lists if trophy point totals have been removed (e.g. by disabling trophies in XF 1.5)
  • Fixed out of memory error and performance bottleneck in Recount Ratings
  • Improved responsiveness...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
I just updated this. However, now when clicking on a like icon, it just spins, I have to refresh the page. Whats wrong?

I got mine:
image.webp
Edit, received the 1.74 too:
photo (3)1.webp
I'll update later from the computer.
Thanks Luke!

Last edited:
is there a way/place to see the posts/threads with the most ratings? i'd love to see what my users are liking/disliking, or what post ratings they are using the most.
Not currently but I'm planning something like that for the future
That would be cool.
I also would like to be able to see the threads where other users have received the ratings.
Example, a user have received 10 negative feedbacks. be able to see where. it would be very useful.

Well, I'm seeing TAZ have it implemented:
gif.gif
Each Link will show you exactly where the rating has been received. how can I do that?
Thank you!

Top Bottom