Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I'm adding Post Ratings to an existing forum. I would like existing likes to be shown in the post ratings stats as 'Legacy Likes' as a neutral no value rating.

How would I do that?

I'm adding Post Ratings to an existing forum. I would like existing likes to be shown in the post ratings stats as 'Legacy Likes' as a neutral no value rating.

How would I do that?

The legacy like system in post ratings is hard coded to add to positive rating totals.

You can workaround this and have it behave as you want by converting likes on posts into ratings of a given type, but note that it will prevent likes on profile posts, resource manager listing, etc. from counting towards any rating totals.

Follow the instructions here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...the-next-level-paid.28475/page-23#post-344980

In latest version of Post Ratings is it possibile to hide who gived a negative rating?

This is not possible unfortunately

That gave me a headache. Will it mean that I cant use likes?

I've never implemented post ratings on my site before. I'll be adding it to an existing database and dont want the likes to be skewed with the XF legacy likes. It will make a mockery of the ratings.

Is there a way to either exclude and disable XF likes or to add them as a neutral rating class without affecting the PR likes?

That gave me a headache. Will it mean that I cant use likes?

I've never implemented post ratings on my site before. I'll be adding it to an existing database and dont want the likes to be skewed with the XF legacy likes. It will make a mockery of the ratings.

Is there a way to either exclude and disable XF likes or to add them as a neutral rating class without affecting the PR likes?

Ah that changes things then. Ignore my previous post, I would instead recommend disabling 'Display likes as ratings on user profiles' and setting 'Like rating' to 'Disabled'. Then edit the phrase 'likes_received' to something like 'Legacy likes received'

I also would be interested if it would be possible to give mutiple points per rating (for example helpfull = 2 points, best answer = 5 points).

Also, I would be willing to pay for the development (@Luke Foreman if he'll bring it to the core of the AddOn or someone else for an extension to this AddOn).

@Luke Foreman The performance of getRatingsByContentUser & getRatingsForContentUser can get fairly horrible when "Like rating" is set to something. Is there anything you can do to fix this?

@Luke Foreman The performance of getRatingsByContentUser & getRatingsForContentUser can get fairly horrible when "Like rating" is set to something. Is there anything you can do to fix this?

Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done given the current integration with XF likes - sorting both data sets combined by date can't really be done without a temporary table. It still shouldn't be too slow if you server is set up to create temporary tables in memory, the size is never bigger than a single user's total received/given ratings+likes. The functions are also only used on the rarely-accessed 'ratings you've given' and 'ratings you've received' pages.

That said there is potential for a fast path for the first page (which is very likely the only page that will ever be hit), where both parts of the union are limited to the max results per page. I'll look into this for the next update.

Reactions: Xon
Same question.... how is that accomplished though. Have not seen those instructions listed anywhere ? :unsure:
Find the images you want to use, upload them to the folder (usually styles/dark/ratings) then go the ACP, Post Ratings, and add them.

Find the images you want to use, upload them to the folder (usually styles/dark/ratings) then go the ACP, Post Ratings, and add them.

I had done that but forgot to uncheck the spritesheet box :confused: ..now I got it ! Thank you for your reply... much appreciated ! (y) Great add on !!!!

Just bought the add-on and got this error when trying to install, can anyone help me with it?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 118 bytes) in /hsphere/local/home/------/the-teh.com/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 294

Just bought the add-on and got this error when trying to install, can anyone help me with it?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 118 bytes) in /hsphere/local/home/------/the-teh.com/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 294

You will need to get your host to increase the php memory_limit setting, 64MB is not enough for XenForo. 256MB would be a good setting

Have you thought about adding the "Hide" on bad ratings function capability to "New Posts" and "Recent Posts" views? That would be really cool.

IE---hide a thread, not just a post (reply to a thread).

@Luke Foreman is there a way to do that I've not seen?

Last edited:
I had the host increase the memory size and was finally able to install it. Thanks again Luke.

Can anyone tell me how to get the bar to be visible even when there are no likes as they do on this site:

like bar.webp
Thanks!

Top Bottom