XF 1.2 Post prune for import

Earl

Hi, I am importing large vbulletin 3.8 to xenforo 1.2

There are about 2million posts which only contains the word "thanks" in my forum. I want to delete them and import a clean and small DB or clean the DB after importing to xenforo.

I want to delete posts which only contain the word "thanks" without any other words.
that means not deleting "thanks i made it work" or posts which has "thanks" in them as some part.

There is no easy way of mass deleting posts based on content after the import.

It may be possible to run an SQL query and delete them in the vB source database before importing.
I can't guarantee it would work though so you would need to take a backup and do a test import.

Something like this might work:
Code:
DELETE * FROM <post_table> WHERE <content> LIKE 'Thanks'
You will need to enter the correct post table and field names.

There is no easy way of mass deleting posts based on content after the import.

It may be possible to run an SQL query and delete them in the vB source database before importing.
I can't guarantee it would work though so you would need to take a backup and do a test import.

Something like this might work:
Code:
DELETE * FROM <post_table> WHERE <content> LIKE 'Thanks'
You will need to enter the correct post table and field names.
Hi @Brogan , Thanks for the response.

1. but deleting like that will delete visible and invisible (soft deleted) posts from the database, so deleting all types of posts like that will make any issues after the import?
do I have to change anything in thread or any other tables to complete the process?

2. Could you please give me a sql query to delete the word "Thanks" with few other characters only,
Example: Thankyy, Thanks, wow thanks

so basically need to delete posts with five other character from beginning or end or something like ????thank???

Top Bottom