• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Post, PMs and ACP not working

I appoligize if this is in the wrong forum. I have been using Xenforo for more than a year with no problesm but today all of the sudden

when users are posting it doesnt show up until and hour after and PMs are doing the same.
I also can not use the ACP it says logging in and then returns to the login screen again. I have tried everything I could find on here. Doing a .htacces, clearing my cookies, and Iam not sure if this is a cache problem because there is no option for it in the .config file in library.

Amaury

Disable all add-ons and try again. If the issue goes away, re-enable the add-ons individually to find the culprit.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Several customers are reporting similar problems this evening. All appear to be nginx servers with Hostgator. Please contact Hostgator about this. These are the response headers that I have observed:

Code:
Cache-control:max-age=86400
Connection:keep-alive
Content-Encoding:gzip
Content-Length:3770
Content-Type:text/html; charset=UTF-8
Date:Thu, 13 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
Expires:Fri, 14 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
Last-Modified:Thu, 13 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
Server:nginx/1.6.2
Vary:Accept-Encoding
X-Frame-Options:SAMEORIGIN
This is generated by a PHP resource which should not be cached.

for anyone else suffering from this hostgator change I fixed this by adding this to .htaccess

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "no-cache"
Header set Expires 0
</IfModule>

for anyone else suffering from this hostgator change I fixed this by adding this to .htaccess

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "no-cache"
Header set Expires 0
</IfModule>
Thanks This seems to have worked for me!