Fixed "post" phrase has two meanings

Alluidh

Hi

Is it possible to get another phrase for "Post" in the attachment browser?
post.webp
Post in the German translation is in use on other parts of the forum with another content so it would be very helpful to get another (new) phrase there

Thank you

I see that now the search results have the type of content to the right. This is awesome.
However, it ended up reusing the phrase "post" that already existed.

Problem is,
post is a verb as in, to post
post is a noun as in, a post

In English this is not a problem. In spanish, however, I need two words: "publicar" and "mensaje".
Previously the "post" phrase was translated as a verb, and, when used in a noun context, it is ilogical

Either use it's own phrase on search results, or split post into a post_(noun) and post_(verb)

Screen Shot 2011-10-06 at 7.41.17 PM.webp

I've merged those 2 threads as they are the same thing, but we need to figure out where to change.

It might actually be a pain to make "post" be the noun form, as we sometimes uses content type names as phrases. May need to create post_verb and change to use that.

Maybe use

Conversation Message and
Forum Message

to be open for other classes of messages in the Attachment Browser? (At the moment the only place for the post_verb form)

I've edited my last post - just realized I made a mistake in it. I meant make "post" the noun form (for the posts in a thread) and create "post_verb" for the action of making a post. This is because we use "post" directly via the code in a few occasions because of its content type name. We have easier control over the use of post_verb.

Hi, in Beta 3 the phrase is used at "Build content type" in wrong direction too.
Please create the new phrase for "Post" (verb) for Beta 4.

Until now "Post" (verb) is only used for
  • Attachment Browser
  • Build content type (Rebuild Caches)
Thank you

I only found 2 places where we use "Post" as a verb (that is, as an action): member_view and navigation_visitor_tab. I have changed those to the post_verb phrase. The post phrase should be translated as the content type of a Post.

If you know of any other places where we use the phrase post as an action, let me know and I'll change them.

The verb form means the action form (like a button to indicate an action, such as updating your status). Those are the noun form -- where they're referring to a thing (in this case, a post). So all of those will use the "post" phrase. The action phrases are being changed to "post_verb".

Top Bottom