XF 2.2 post migration link problem

htsumer

I moved the forum. This is how the links come out after moving

1630602408516.webp

when i edit and delete the URL tags and save, it gets fixed

1630602484901.webp

1630602514616.webp

how can i refresh the whole forum

but this problem only occurred after moving the web to a separate domain. There may be a character problem for manual find-replace in the database. There is no problem with the links given in the new messages, namely the current url.

basically xenforo is not going to unfurl historic links because of the way the feature works. as you noticed in your video. it does work if you remove the URL tag from the link and process it fresh.

yeah i mean xenforo does have a section for rebuild caches. but nothing that refreshes post content. i can imagine the use but it would be too server intensive. best would be to just process missing links from database when a page with these links are loaded and they would get automatically populated with time.

i mean if you do a similar find and replace to fix old media links like youtube embeds. they would work fine. same should apply on unfurled links. which is why it would be interesting to see how devs react to the bug report. i am sure it was something they thought about and decided to go ahead with the current implementation.

Xenforo is a stable software that only works on its own hosts. I think that ignoring the errors that occur in possible changes is a long-term solution. Currently, these links do not change as a result of remaining unfurl. There is no problem with new unfurl links. The result does not change, it just does not remain visually beautiful.

I wanted to solve the problem like this. I found this thread from database

11.png

veritabanını Düzenle Sil açılmak

12.png

13.png

Kaydetmeyi kaldırmayı sil

14.png

Sayfayı refresh ettim. Düz url.

15.png

Düzenledim ve sonra kaydettim

44.webp

Fora gibi göründü böyle

17.png

I would delete all [URL unfurl=\"true\"] and [/URL] in the database if it was fixed when I refresh without editing. unfortunately it didn't

yeah the same problem. xenforo does not process links on page load. it only processes them when the post is saved. so if you remove the url bbcode, it would render as text. this can only be fixed if xenforo process unfurl links on page load with user specific caching setting.

Top Bottom