Post it bookmarks

Dynamic

Sorry, I hope this is the place. But what happened to the Post it Bookmarks addon? It seems it is all but a memory.

Ca we get something like this happening again?

Thanks.

The author of the original add-on removed it from the first post and asked for the thread to be deleted.

Kier did say he was planning something similar so hopefully it will be in the core at some point.

I see... Is there someone here who may still have a copy I can use if it is okay with the author?

Thanks dude.

i really think it is poor form allowing people to remove all their addons behind the scenes.
it really does not leave me with a strong feeling of confidence.

The add-on belongs to the author.

If they choose to remove it then that is their prerogative.

oh i know full well the ethos and know i dont have a chance in hell of changing it.
but i still think its poor form erasing addons on a whim leaving users with dead-end addons installed.

i really think it is poor form allowing people to remove all their addons behind the scenes.
it really does not leave me with a strong feeling of confidence.

That's not up to you though.

If I decide to no longer have certain content on here I should have that freedom.

It benefits nobody having outdated, insecure, etc stuff lying around that creates issues when installed on newer versions, or whatever other argument I could come up with.

Might as well remove the .zip and close the thread. Sometimes when users did their best to ruin a thread, perhaps moving it to the archive is an option as well.

I see no problem with this.

The author got tired of having to deal with irrelevant posts contaminating the threads of his 2 add-ons. The author felt he is no longer interested in participating in one-upmanship type of behaviour on these threads by certain members of the forum. While the author did enjoy creating and sharing these add-ons, I am sure you will not have a problem finding someone to create something similar for a fee. After all certain members here provide a link to their website’s subscription page or donation link in almost every post they make. Not that I have a problem with that :whistle:

As this thread seems to have developed into a separate discussion, I've moved it to the discussion/feedback forum and invited the author to start a new one in the requests forum if they wish.

The author got tired of having to deal with irrelevant posts contaminating the threads of his 2 add-ons. The author felt he is no longer interested in participating in one-upmanship type of behaviour on these threads by certain members of the forum. While the author did enjoy creating and sharing these add-ons, I am sure you will not have a problem finding someone to create something similar for a fee. After all certain members here provide a link to their website’s subscription page or donation link in almost every post they make. Not that I have a problem with that :whistle:

Was it not the case that ragtek pointed out a mistake you'd made and you took offense at it? It seemed like shortly after he linked to Kier's post explaining why what you'd done was wrong you pulled the files.

At least you've helped demonstrate why it's much better to have features in the core rather than relying on unreliable devlopers ;-)

Installed this just the other day and now its gone :eek:

Kier did say he was planning something similar so hopefully it will be in the core at some point.

But then Kier went on to state that now that post-it bookmarks Mod has been created he could now invest his time into a different Mod (if I remember correctly)
Then the Mod author responded that it would be much preferred if Kier took over the Mod (again from memory)
Now the Mod has gone and I feel like if I missed something

Brogan if you were hinting at something could you nod your head when nobody is watching ? ;)

But then Kier went on to state that now that post-it bookmarks Mod has been created he could now invest his time into a different Mod (if I remember correctly)
No, he said he would need to do it differently to differentiate them.

Kier said:
Nice mod, well done. Quite similar to something I was planning myself, so I shall have to put that on ice and come up with something to differentiate :)

Was it not the case that ragtek pointed out a mistake you'd made and you took offense at it? It seemed like shortly after he linked to Kier's post explaining why what you'd done was wrong you pulled the files.

At least you've helped demonstrate why it's much better to have features in the core rather than relying on unreliable devlopers ;-)
Do you know for a fact that there was a mistake?
Did you even try out the add-on or look at the code?
I would rather see it in the core too but calling me unreliable in such a tone as if I owed you something is just another prime example as to why it is now gone!

Do you know for a fact that there was a mistake?

I used the add-on and thought it was a very useful one.

How I saw it, ragtek (helpfully) suggested there was a problem which would cause conflicts with other add-ons and you jumped on him, then he quoted Kier explaining the correct way to do it (which isn't how you were doing it) and you got more upset.

I don't think you owe me anything. I think it's a shame you let the community down by having a strop but like you say, you're not paid for it so it's up to you what you do.

I used the add-on and thought it was a very useful one.

How I saw it, ragtek (helpfully) suggested there was a problem which would cause conflicts with other add-ons and you jumped on him, then he quoted Kier explaining the correct way to do it (which isn't how you were doing it) and you got more upset.

I don't think you owe me anything. I think it's a shame you let the community down by having a strop but like you say, you're not paid for it so it's up to you what you do.
If I remember the post correctly, the way it was gone about was rather condescending and an insult to the developer.

If I remember the post correctly, the way it was gone about was rather condescending and an insult to the developer.
I have to disagree.
I posted that the add-on is causing problems with other add-ons and described why it is so...
Then he started calling me arrogant etc... and the last post from me was the link to kiers post....
(I don't wanted to start an flame ware, that's why i also never linked in my "how to use template hook" thread to his add-on and why i asked in general... :(

Is it now my fault that he's so childish and can't handle criticism (IMHO one of the most important Developer soft skills)
But it's ok for me to be the bad boy...
I had my lesson, i'll never ever try to help here again .

I have to disagree.
I posted that the add-on is causing problems with other add-ons and described why it is so...
Then he started calling me arrogant etc... and the last post from me was the link to kiers post....

Is it now my fault that he's so childish and can't handle criticism (IMHO one of the most important Developer soft skills)
But it's ok for me to be the bad boy...
I had my lesson, i'll never ever try to help here again .
Obviously didn't remember it correctly, but then I've been biased since a certain twitter update by you :).

This tit for tat argument is only going to end up one way.

Add-on authors are entitled to do as they wish with their releases.

Members must decide themselves whether to install individual add-ons, weighing up all the factors.

It's regrettable when add-ons are abandoned or pulled but there is nothing we can do about it.

Top Bottom