1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Post edit history - are edits not recorded if a 5 min. edit window is allowed?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CyclingTribe, Sep 8, 2013.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I've got a situation where a member supposedly linked to some unsavoury content and then the link disappeared a minute or two later.

There's no edit history on the post in question, however I do allow a 5 minute window on the 'Edited ...' marker being applied.

Should edits within those first 5 mins still be recorded? or are they not logged during the don't tag window timeframe?

Thanks,
    Shaun :D

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Edit history is always recorded (if enabled) - it's just the public notice that doesn't display. If you don't see a history link, it won't have been edited (unless there's a bug or add-on conflict obviously :)).

3. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification Mike. I don't think I have any add-ons that would conflict so it would seem he's not edited it. (y)

Cheers,
    Shaun :D