Implemented Post Bit

Accreal

1.Designing Post Bit. I guess its way more useful when it has more information (posts) in it, registration date how it was on vb ipb and others.
2.When a user doesnt have an avatar the blank icon there instead of it is a waste of space. It would be better if it just was nothing there at all.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
1. That information is irrelevant about 99% of the time. If you want to know that you just click on the username/avatar and it pops up more information

2. I prefer a placeholder avatar, makes the page look more consistent

I like the post bit as it is, though I will probably change a few things (Moving time posted and permalink to the top, as well as a few minor feature additions).

The postbit used here is the best laid out I have seen in any forum software.

Most clutter their postbits with useless information ;)

I usually remove most of the postbit, I would just move a few things to above the message, and leave the option to myself to possibly add features if required.

I rather have things for my users where they can reach them with a minimal of effort, but still keep things as minimal as possible.

I freaking love the postbit. Although i am one of those that like to see as much available information as i can, The "card" rocks, im no coder but i imagine we can add our own custom fields to the card without to much headache..

I freaking love the postbit. Although i am one of those that like to see as much available information as i can, The "card" rocks, im no coder but i imagine we can add our own custom fields to the card without to much headache..

I love it too...it's different and looks very neat.

I would assume so yes, the card itself is probably a template in itself. Am I right?

As a developer, I love the simplistic approach.
However, I don't run sites based on my preferences alone - if I did I would not be as successful.

My members would scream if I remove all that stuff.
(I tried it once and it was ugly. Really.)

And many websites will have a lot lot more information to show. I agree the present postbit looks awesome with the minimal information that it shows about the user right now, but just add to that a lot of other stuff eg. custom fields, vbulletin like activity mod (or experience mod), award icons and you really styart wasting a lot of space if the post content is not much.

This would be particularly true in fun forums or such where people really don't post much after the first post and replies are mostly to thank the OP.

And i disagree that the "member card" is a good enough solution. Yes am pretty sure it would be extensible but there are some things that an end user wants to show the world and you want to be seen without someone having to click a member card to find out.

I just think a "modern" postbit option should be there for those who want it(and i think many would). If its not there, many of us will have to recode our templates for it.

Top Bottom