XF 2.2 Possible to make a discussion thread like a review?

You can do something quite simple like adding a 1 - 5 star rating using custom thread fields. If you combine the stat rating with other fields such as text fields , check boxes, dropdown selection to show make and model etc. you get quite close.

You can do something quite simple like adding a 1 - 5 star rating using custom thread fields. If you combine the stat rating with other fields such as text fields , check boxes, dropdown selection to show make and model etc. you get quite close.
Actually I have an add-on which adds custom fields for every reply in a thread. I can choose star rating for that. But the problem is I cannot make an average score out of all ratings in all replies and have it shown in the first post.

This can be achieved with the Resource Manager add-on, as you can see here on XF and reviews left for add-ons. Of course it can be for anything, not just add-ons.
No, those stars are only for the first post, then you have all the replies with no stars, so to review a product each person would have to start a thread for that same product, and have replies, that would be super messy, the ratings would not be combined.

But the problem is I cannot make an average score out of all ratings in all replies and have it shown in the first post.
That's odd, you'd think such an addon would do that, after all it's easy enough for a poll to show percentages of votes.

It must be very possible because I think the TMDB addon can do that with movies

However if you are basing the rating on your forum users opinions, something based on resources might work

This can be achieved with the Resource Manager add-on, as you can see here on XF and reviews left for add-ons. Of course it can be for anything, not just add-ons.

No, those stars are only for the first post, then you have all the replies with no stars, so to review a product each person would have to start a thread for that same product, and have replies, that would be super messy, the ratings would not be combined.

Never used RM. Can it be part of the forum? Like can I make a node to RM type for reviews?

For each entry made, a discussion thread can be created if set as so. This mean members are free to discuss the product as well as leave official reviews.

This is RM:
This is an add-on:
These are the reviews:
This is the thread:
(See quoted portion which includes a link to the main page, where they can review.)

The closest thing out-of-the-box I can think of is a Suggestion Type forum with the 5 stars field added. The author can rate with stars and review the product, and the repliers can up/downvote it, which becomes the rating in the menu bar for Popular, etc.

Top Bottom