XF 1.1 Possible to add old Xenforo to a fresh Xenforo Install?

Shinracorp

Ok so I had a domain name called wc3u.com but it switched to trishroom.com so did the server as well.... so here's the thing. I backed up my www root directory (where Xenforo is installed of course :p) and mySQL databases.

So the question is, is it possible to restore the database from my old installation and attachments? I know that to import you would need like phpBB3 or vB but I was wondering just for restoration purposes.

Thank you

Copy the data and internal_data directories from the old server to the new server.

Import the old database using phpMyAdmin.

The FAQ also covers it: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

How can I move my installation to a different domain or host?
Backup the existing database and server files. Copy them to the new domain/server and update the library/config.php file with the new database details as required. It may be necessary to set permissions for the data and internal_data directories to world writeable (CHMOD 0777). Lastly, update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information, if it has changed.
Note that if you are moving to a different type of web server and have Friendly URLs enabled, you will need to make the appropriate changes. Refer to the Friendly URLs section of the XenForo Manual for more details.

Copy the data and internal_data directories from the old server to the new server.

Import the old database using phpMyAdmin.

The FAQ also covers it: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

How can I move my installation to a different domain or host?
Backup the existing database and server files. Copy them to the new domain/server and update the library/config.php file with the new database details as required. It may be necessary to set permissions for the data and internal_data directories to world writeable (CHMOD 0777). Lastly, update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information, if it has changed.
Note that if you are moving to a different type of web server and have Friendly URLs enabled, you will need to make the appropriate changes. Refer to the Friendly URLs section of the XenForo Manual for more details.

Thank you Brogan,

If you had a nickel everytime you answered... you'd be rich :P

Top Bottom