XF 1.5 Possible profile corruption?

Glockie

Hi all,
Am just wondering if it is possible for a profile to become corrupt and if so, how to repair it?
I have a member who has several usergroups and has been overall quite active, but another member recently had some issues with them and ignored them and blocked them.

Trouble is they can still see some comments and posts. So I switched off a few things and did my own testing, and I can block everyone and posts will not appear and any relevant info doesn't get displayed, posts, images and so on. Yet I can still see comments in the gallery (I don't think this is to blame btw)

With this I checked the database and checked the user permissions ID table and this persons permissions were off the scale. If mine were 110 theirs was 765! it was weird, even when moving them to the lowest tiered usergroup - everything stayed the same.

This explains to me why over the last few months, they've had issues with some posts, some people have been unable to comment on images, or like their images and so many more issues.
The only option I can see forward, will be to start again with a new account, but as you know - when you've been on the site for so long and with many posts etc a lot won't be happy about this.
But the whole thing is so strange, it's almost as if this account is a rogue account that is untouchable. It had a username change some time ago, but that's about it. The db id's are also fine.

From where I am standing it most definitely seems like some sort of corruption.
So is it possible and is there a remedy for it?
Many thanks

Also I forgot to add, is there a way of mass moving posts from one author to another?
I have Andy's change author but on several hundreds of posts, this will be a nightmare. So is there a way to mass move posts into another author's name?
Thank you.

With this I checked the database and checked the user permissions ID table and this persons permissions were off the scale. If mine were 110 theirs was 765!
The permission combination ID depends on many factors.

It's possible there is permission corruption but unlikely (unless an add-on is involved).

Disable all add-ons.
Ensure they have no custom permissions either globally or per node.
Toggle a permission or user group of the member to update everything.

You can clean up unused permission combinations by running the Clean Up Permissions task in the Tools menu.

It's possible there is permission corruption but unlikely (unless an add-on is involved).

Disable all add-ons.

You can clean up unused permission combinations by running the Clean Up Permissions task in the Tools menu.

Okay thank you Brogan,
Will try these and see if that helps.
I tried duplicating the issue with over 40 members yesterday to no avail, it is only on this account which is why I think there may be some corruption there.
Thanks and will try these steps... :)

Okay so for arguments sake it is, doing the above steps may help? Or is there any other way I can try recovery?
Am on it as we speak, so thanks again mate, appreciated a lot. (y)

Disable all add-ons.

This worked!
I disabled everything, reset their entire permissions, including nodes, ran the cache cleaning tools and Clean Up Permissions task.
All worked perfectly.. Thank you very much @Brogan :)

I reset their perms via mysql (removed additional groups and changed their primary to Registered). Now I cannot find the Cache Cleaning Tool or Clean Up Permissions task in the Tools options?

Top Bottom