Possible? : Different installation, only same post data at subforum

maxicep

Hello

I want to run my website on subdomain with different installation of xenforo. This mean, i want to install xenforo to m.domain.com (subdomain) and i want to use a different theme and no-addon or plugin in this installation.

I want in the mobile website, just personalized basic lite theme and no-addon. But just i need same thread, forum and post data for this website.

Is possible?

What sync with this plugin?

I see that info of online users and threads, posts of selected forums.

Different style and language may force too, and what about plugins ? Plugins are different too ? I want it exactly.
I want to sperate the web and mobile forum , so i will need a ultra basic faster theme for mobile also

What sync with this plugin?

I see that info of online users and threads, posts of selected forums.

Different style and language may force too, and what about plugins ? Plugins are different too ? I want it exactly.
I want to sperate the web and mobile forum , so i will need a ultra basic faster theme for mobile also

I would ask on the thread for the addon.

@maxicep you do not need to divide XenForo up for mobile use. XenForo already is a responsive design (mobile design), which will fit in any screen size on any mobile device.

My site has 80 add-ons and 10 styles and it mobile friendly without the need for special site or design

@maxicep you do not need to divide XenForo up for mobile use. XenForo already is a responsive design (mobile design), which will fit in any screen size on any mobile device.

My site has 80 add-ons and 10 styles and it mobile friendly without the need for special site or design
Yes i agree that with smartphones. (iPhone and high-end android phones)
Mobile responsive design are bad while using for example: Opera Mini / Opera Mobile browser with powerless phones.

Yes i agree that with smartphones. (iPhone and high-end android phones)
Mobile responsive design are bad while using for example: Opera Mini / Opera Mobile browser with powerless phones.
I disagree, I have a phone which uses Opera Mini and Opera Mobile (as well as a tables I installed it on). The design works perfectly for me.

What exactly is the type phone and version are you using?

Yeah, high-end smartphones with Opera Mobile is perfectly works i know but what about Opera Mini ? Can u try opera mini with powerless mobile phone ?

Yeah, high-end smartphones with Opera Mobile is perfectly works i know but what about Opera Mini ? Can u try opera mini with powerless mobile phone ?
XenForo works quite well on the 3DS browser, which by smartphone standards has virtually no processing power. Don't worry, your feature phone will be fine.

Yes, I have an older Nokia phone that uses Opera Mini without issue. XenForo loads fine in it. :)

What phone are you using and what version?

Well..you've said that you need one licence per installation while the truth is that you need one licence per domain or subdomain, right?

Pretty much the same thing, you would install a single installation on each domain. You need one license per installation.

Pretty much the same thing, you would install a single installation on each domain. You need one license per installation.
I (as well as others I think) consider one installation as the use of one database only. If you use the xencentral multisite system addon you'll keep using one database but you'll need more licences so the best would be to say that it's one licence per domain or subdomain instead of per installation.

Apart from this you can install a test forum and it doesn't mean you have to buy one extra licence for that..

so the best would be to say that it's one licence per domain or subdomain instead of per installation.
Incorrect. I could install one forum at www.mysite.com/xenforo1/ and another at www.mysite.com/xenforo2/. Both are on the same domain but as separate installs they would each require a separate licence.

So one licence per installation is correct.

Apart from this you can install a test forum and it doesn't mean you have to buy one extra licence for that..
Yes, you can install to a test forum but as the licence agreement says:

You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/

Incorrect. I could install one forum at www.mysite.com/xenforo1/ and another at www.mysite.com/xenforo2/. Both are on the same domain but as separate installs they would each require a separate licence.

So one licence per installation is correct.

That's the point. If I use the addon to have multiple forums running on a single xf installation I'll need a separated licence per domain...no matter if both domains are running using the same database

Top Bottom