1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible? : Different installation, only same post data at subforum

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by maxicep, Dec 1, 2013.

1. maxicep

maxicep Active Member

I want to run my website on subdomain with different installation of xenforo. This mean, i want to install xenforo to m.domain.com (subdomain) and i want to use a different theme and no-addon or plugin in this installation.

I want in the mobile website, just personalized basic lite theme and no-addon. But just i need same thread, forum and post data for this website.

Is possible?
  2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  3. maxicep

maxicep Active Member

What sync with this plugin?

I see that info of online users and threads, posts of selected forums.

Different style and language may force too, and what about plugins ? Plugins are different too ? I want it exactly.
    I want to sperate the web and mobile forum , so i will need a ultra basic faster theme for mobile also
  4. Matthew Hawley

I would ask on the thread for the addon.
  5. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

@maxicep you do not need to divide XenForo up for mobile use. XenForo already is a responsive design (mobile design), which will fit in any screen size on any mobile device.

My site has 80 add-ons and 10 styles and it mobile friendly without the need for special site or design
  6. maxicep

maxicep Active Member

Yes i agree that with smartphones. (iPhone and high-end android phones)
    Mobile responsive design are bad while using for example: Opera Mini / Opera Mobile browser with powerless phones.
  7. Adam Howard

I disagree, I have a phone which uses Opera Mini and Opera Mobile (as well as a tables I installed it on). The design works perfectly for me.

What exactly is the type phone and version are you using?
  8. maxicep

maxicep Active Member

Yeah, high-end smartphones with Opera Mobile is perfectly works i know but what about Opera Mini ? Can u try opera mini with powerless mobile phone ?
  9. Teapot

Teapot Well-Known Member

XenForo works quite well on the 3DS browser, which by smartphone standards has virtually no processing power. Don't worry, your feature phone will be fine.
  10. Adam Howard

Yes, I have an older Nokia phone that uses Opera Mini without issue. XenForo loads fine in it. :)

What phone are you using and what version?
  11. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

Adam Howard likes this.
  12. Matthew Hawley

Indeed. I stated that.
  13. Claudio

Well..you've said that you need one licence per installation while the truth is that you need one licence per domain or subdomain, right?
  14. Matthew Hawley

Pretty much the same thing, you would install a single installation on each domain. You need one license per installation.
  15. Claudio

I (as well as others I think) consider one installation as the use of one database only. If you use the xencentral multisite system addon you'll keep using one database but you'll need more licences so the best would be to say that it's one licence per domain or subdomain instead of per installation.

Apart from this you can install a test forum and it doesn't mean you have to buy one extra licence for that..
  16. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Incorrect. I could install one forum at www.mysite.com/xenforo1/ and another at www.mysite.com/xenforo2/. Both are on the same domain but as separate installs they would each require a separate licence.

So one licence per installation is correct.

Yes, you can install to a test forum but as the licence agreement says:

Adam Howard likes this.
  17. Claudio

That's the point. If I use the addon to have multiple forums running on a single xf installation I'll need a separated licence per domain...no matter if both domains are running using the same database