Possibility of migration of vbdownloads (Dragonbyte mod) to Resources?

shrawaaan

I am looking to move one of my forum fron vb to xenforo. Is there any advise if vbdownloads (Dragonbyte tech) mod data can be moved to Resources?

You would have had to be around a few years ago to get the jibe that was in that. In a nutshell the opinion I got from reading some of their comments was that XenForo was not "big" enough for them to get involved in. I'm just wondering if they are eating their crow baked, fried or BBQ'd. :D

You would have had to be around a few years ago to get the jibe that was in that. In a nutshell the opinion I got from reading some of their comments was that XenForo was not "big" enough for them to get involved in. I'm just wondering if they are eating their crow baked, fried or BBQ'd. :D

We're not officially moving into XenForo at the moment. Art is a valued customer we may be doing special work for. We're always considering the best way to expand and serve our customers though, so that may change in future.

It's worth noting that market share does change over time (especially over three years), though, so your comment about "eating crow" doesn't make any sense to me. Unless it was just an opportunity to take a free shot? :whistle:

Just to be clear: saying a product doesn't (or in this case, didn't) have enough market share to make it financially viable to develop for in no way comments on the quality of the product. In this instance we've always made it clear we think XF is a great product, and we've been supporters of KAM from the beginning.

Sorry for the vaguely off-topic nature of this post, mods. Just wanted to address the random, unwarranted shot at us.

Iain

Not a clue why a company would make a convertor into using a software that isn't theirs.

Ummm... well, as more and more people leave VB and the products that Dragonbyte supports, people are going to need importers. If Dragonbyte can sell that importer, why wouldn't they build one?

I mean... I'd LOVE to see Xenforo pick up the ball and make an importer, but I just don't see that being at the top of their list.

Ummm... well, as more and more people leave VB and the products that Dragonbyte supports, people are going to need importers. If Dragonbyte can sell that importer, why wouldn't they build one?

I mean... I'd LOVE to see Xenforo pick up the ball and make an importer, but I just don't see that being at the top of their list.
Sell the importer, yeah, not making it and giving it to their customers for free.

Ah... so you are a damned if you do / damned if you don't kind of person.
It's good customer service but terrible business. I mean, I wouldn't do it, not because I don't want customers to change forum softwares, but because it'd be like XenForo making an importer for XenForo -> vBulletin. That'd be vBulletin's job (part of attracting customers). It'd just seem weird if you were making an importer for other software. unless you had an add-on created for that software and you're creating it to move from Dragonbyte vBDownloads -> Dragonbyte XFDownloads (for example).

Top Bottom