1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Populating a database for development?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by deviate, Nov 21, 2015.

1. deviate

deviate New Member

Hi, I'm looking to load test xenForo and do some development too, unfortunately I don't have an active forum to use the data of to test with, so I'm looking for the best strategy for populating a xenForo database for development. Are there any accepted methods for doing this, or even published database dumps with a few million posts? If not I'll write something using Faker, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a standard approach within the xenForo development community.

Thank you!

2. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

I think most people here just let the spam bots do it lol. I don't know if there's another approach to populating data except letting spam bots do their thing. To my knowledge, there isn't a build in option for this, and no development add-on either. If you wanted to make something using Faker, I'm sure people would love you to upload that on the resources here. Maybe not packing in with a few million posts though :p (an option?)