1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pop up forum description not working!

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Shane, May 5, 2011.

1. Shane

Shane New Member

Hello there,
    The pop up forum description is not working. I made a few edits to the theme in that area, is there a way I can revert it? It simple is not working. When I put my mouse over the link to one of my forums nothing comes up.... And yes I do have the pop up description enabled :D
    Thanks for your support,
  2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

You're missing the information for data-description.

Heres what it should look like:
    <h3 class="nodeTitle">
    <a href="forums/announcements/" data-description="#nodeDescription-2">Announcements</a>
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

To revert a template just click on the red x in the template list or on "Revert Template" when in the template.
  4. Shane

Shane New Member

I know how to revert a template and a theme :D I didn't edit any templates anyways and Forsaken in which template am I missing this? I never edited any templates, just changed the colors in the themes....
  5. Shane

Shane New Member

Maybe it was the fault of the XenOptimize addon? It does compress the Jscripts or something like that and I have it installed.
  6. Shane

Shane New Member

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't see descriptions for your forums, other than the "Post Loop" redirect - and that doesn't follow the same popup description concept IIRC (as there's no meta data to display).
  8. Shane

Shane New Member

Hmmm, that's weird as I know I have descriptions :( How do you think I can fix this?
  9. Brogan

It is something you have edited in a template as I can see the descriptions on your other style.

You will need to revert the template and/or correct the erroneous edit.
  10. Shane

Shane New Member

Fixed it all I had to do was go to forum list in the themes properties and reset the description in the settings area of "forum list".
    Daracon likes this.
  11. Brogan

I guess we had all assumed that was already checked.

Just goes to show you should never assume...