Lack of interest Polls - View Results available before but not after voting :(

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Digital Doctor

I like to vote independently. I dont want to see who voted for what first ... but afterwards I am sometimes curious :)

However, after I vote, it's hard to see the vote break down.
At first, I felt (and others too) that you couldn't find out who voted after you vote ... but you can ... sort of ... you have to click on every vote response item. Time consuming :( and unneeded !

Demo: ahem. Just vote here. :) Watch the [View Results] disappear !

In case you forget what the [View Results] button looks like ... here is a Test Poll.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like to vote independently. I dont want to see who voted for what first ... but afterwards I am sometimes curious :)

However, after I vote, it's hard to see the vote break down.
At first, I felt (and others too) that you couldn't find out who voted after you vote ... but you can ... sort of ... you have to click on every vote response item. Time consuming :( and unneeded !

Demo: ahem. Just vote here. :) Watch the [View Results] disappear !

In case you forget what the [View Results] button looks like ... here is a Test Poll.
Public polls display results, so what is the point of having the option to display results in a private poll.

:confused: Are you just referring to the fact that you can't see who's voted without clicking on the "# votes" line, or am I missing your point?

I'm not sure I understand the suggestion at all.

After voting the "View Results" panel is permanently visible.

I'll make this more clear later.
The point was:
(1) The vote breakdown data is hidden. 4 vote(s) is actually clickable ... but there is no visual cue that is the case.
(2) a [View Results] button which shows the vote breakdown of ALL vote items makes much more sense.

That does sound reasonable as it is not obvious that the option exists unless you mouse over the numbers... but you're probably not going to do that unless you actually know that you can do it in the first place.

Would it be possible to have it so that a list of people who have voted pops up when you mouse over each of the bars? And if the list is overly long it prompts you to click on the bar? Would make it more of a quick glance than the slower (feeling) click, wait for pop-up, close pop-up, click, wait, close, etc. Obviously still preserve the ability to click... but more of an addition.

Ah; gotcha. So perhaps an underline or link color over the "x votes" line would work? A hover-over is another option, though I fear those would get lengthy on larger boards.

Ah; gotcha. So perhaps an underline or link color over the "x votes" line would work?
An underline would make it more visible. I think this improves the situation.
But ... I don't want to click them all anyway.
I think if asked, most people would just want a [View Results] and see them all at once, exactly as you can before you vote.

A hover-over is another option, though I fear those would get lengthy on larger boards.
yea. too lengthy.

Proposal: a View Results Button available after someone votes.

Proposed.post.vote.View.Results.button.webp

Err, I'm still not seeing your point.

In your attached image above, the voters aren't visible in either panel - before or after voting.

What "handy breakdown" are you referring to exactly?
You still have to click on the link to see the voters :confused:

Wait; I'm still confused too. I don't see any difference at all. The "handy breakdown" is the exact same link before and after voting; the only difference that the View Results page before voting appears in an overlay instead of directly on the page (which makes sense since the poll is on the main page before you vote). o_O

though I fear those would get lengthy on larger boards.

Could it not be done Facebook style though, so showing just the last three or four people who voted, or the last three and on your 'follow' list? With the '...' or 'view more' or something similar to prompt people to click to view a full list? Seems to work very nicely on Facebook questions.

Again not sure if that would work well, just an idea as it seems a bit different from the usual method. Though obviously something can be an established method for a good reason.

Top Bottom