1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polling problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by eransss, Feb 11, 2013.

1. eransss

eransss Active Member

I can not find away to stop people from making polls in specific sub forums on my forum how can i stop that? because i made one of the sub forums into like a ticketing system so my members can report problems but i dont want it showing a place to be able to make polls since after all the only people that can see the tickets are admins and mods and who ever made the ticket i was able to stop them from being able to vote on a poll though

2. eransss

eransss Active Member

So is it not possible to get rid of it? is this something that i should request an add-on to be made?

3. Syndol

Syndol Guest

I could add this to User Essentials if enough people are interested, but that is a paid add-on.
    Otherwise you could try requesting this be made as an add-on here.

4. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

... or you can edit the template "thread_create" and use 1 simple and very basic conditional

Search this code:
    HTML:
        <h3 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase post_poll}</h3>   
        <dl class="ctrlUnit">
            <dt><label for="ctrl_poll_question">{xen:phrase question}:</label></dt>
            <dd><input type="text" name="poll[question]" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_poll_question" maxlength="100" /></dd>
        </dl>   
        <dl class="ctrlUnit">
            <dt>{xen:phrase possible_responses}:</dt>
            <dd>
                <ul class="PollResponseContainer">
                    <xen:foreach loop="$pollExtraArray" value="$null">
                        <li class="PollNonJsInput"><input type="text" name="poll[responses][]" class="textCtrl" placeholder="{xen:phrase poll_choice}..." maxlength="100" /></li>
                    </xen:foreach>
                    <li><input type="text" name="poll[responses][]" class="textCtrl" placeholder="{xen:phrase poll_choice}..." maxlength="100" /></li>
                    <li><input type="text" name="poll[responses][]" class="textCtrl" placeholder="{xen:phrase poll_choice}..." maxlength="100" /></li>
                </ul>
                <input type="button" value="{xen:phrase add_additional_response}" class="button smallButton FieldAdder JsOnly" data-source="ul.PollResponseContainer li" data-maxfields="{$xenOptions.pollMaximumResponses}" />
            </dd>
        </dl>
        <!-- slot: after_poll_responses -->
        <dl class="ctrlUnit">
            <dt></dt>
            <dd>
                <ul>
                    <li><label for="ctrl_poll_multiple"><input type="checkbox" name="poll[multiple]" value="1" id="ctrl_poll_multiple" /> {xen:phrase allow_selection_of_multiple_responses}</label></li>
                    <li><label for="ctrl_poll_public_votes"><input type="checkbox" name="poll[public_votes]" value="1" id="ctrl_poll_public_votes" /> {xen:phrase display_votes_publicly}</label></li>
                    <li><label for="ctrl_poll_close"><input type="checkbox" name="poll[close]" value="1" class="Disabler" id="ctrl_poll_close" /> {xen:phrase close_this_poll_after}:</label>
                        <ul id="ctrl_poll_close_Disabler">
                            <li>
                                <input type="text" size="5" name="poll[close_length]" value="7" class="textCtrl autoSize" />
                                <select name="poll[close_units]" class="textCtrl autoSize">
                                    <option value="hours">{xen:phrase hours}</option>
                                    <option value="days" selected="selected">{xen:phrase days}</option>
                                    <option value="weeks">{xen:phrase weeks}</option>
                                    <option value="months">{xen:phrase months}</option>
                                </select>
                            </li>
                        </ul>
                    </li>
                </ul>
            </dd>
        </dl>

And replace it with:
    HTML:
    <xen:if is='{$forum.node_id} != XX'>
        <h3 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase post_poll}</h3>   
        <dl class="ctrlUnit">
            <dt><label for="ctrl_poll_question">{xen:phrase question}:</label></dt>
            <dd><input type="text" name="poll[question]" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_poll_question" maxlength="100" /></dd>
        </dl>   
        <dl class="ctrlUnit">
            <dt>{xen:phrase possible_responses}:</dt>
            <dd>
                <ul class="PollResponseContainer">
                    <xen:foreach loop="$pollExtraArray" value="$null">
                        <li class="PollNonJsInput"><input type="text" name="poll[responses][]" class="textCtrl" placeholder="{xen:phrase poll_choice}..." maxlength="100" /></li>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </ul>
                <input type="button" value="{xen:phrase add_additional_response}" class="button smallButton FieldAdder JsOnly" data-source="ul.PollResponseContainer li" data-maxfields="{$xenOptions.pollMaximumResponses}" />
            </dd>
        </dl>
        <!-- slot: after_poll_responses -->
        <dl class="ctrlUnit">
            <dt></dt>
            <dd>
                <ul>
                    <li><label for="ctrl_poll_multiple"><input type="checkbox" name="poll[multiple]" value="1" id="ctrl_poll_multiple" /> {xen:phrase allow_selection_of_multiple_responses}</label></li>
                    <li><label for="ctrl_poll_public_votes"><input type="checkbox" name="poll[public_votes]" value="1" id="ctrl_poll_public_votes" /> {xen:phrase display_votes_publicly}</label></li>
                    <li><label for="ctrl_poll_close"><input type="checkbox" name="poll[close]" value="1" class="Disabler" id="ctrl_poll_close" /> {xen:phrase close_this_poll_after}:</label>
                        <ul id="ctrl_poll_close_Disabler">
                            <li>
                                <input type="text" size="5" name="poll[close_length]" value="7" class="textCtrl autoSize" />
                                <select name="poll[close_units]" class="textCtrl autoSize">
                                    <option value="hours">{xen:phrase hours}</option>
                                    <option value="days" selected="selected">{xen:phrase days}</option>
                                    <option value="weeks">{xen:phrase weeks}</option>
                                    <option value="months">{xen:phrase months}</option>
                                </select>
                            </li>
                        </ul>
                    </li>
                </ul>
            </dd>
        </dl>
    </xen:if>

As you can see the "search" code has only been wrapped with 1 conditional. You just need to replace the XX part with your Node ID.
    You can also do this modification in your template with the TMS addon.

Syndol likes this.
  5. Syndol

Syndol Guest

All depends if you want it as a user group permission or not ;)

6. eransss

eransss Active Member

well i only want it for one sub forum inparticlar i wanted a ticketing system so people can report things to the admins and mods but their is no need for the poll and i wanted to get rid of it for just that sub forum i already disabled it from them being able to vote on it but i dont want them to have the option at all of even being able to make it when they post a ticket on the sub forum. I really wish their was a add-on that was a ticketing system