XF 1.5 Poll spam

dvduval

Seems that brand new registered users are able to create a poll, and the title of the poll is a live hyperlink. So of course I am getting all sorts of junk. How do I stop this?

If it's a live link, that's not coming from XF itself. We don't allow formatting like that in poll titles or responses.

But beyond that, the poll text generally isn't explicitly checked for spam. You would potentially need to identify other means to point to these members and use something such as "spam phrases" to catch them (or active moderation, as some spam will always slip through).

I'm afraid that link isn't something that I can reproduce and I don't see any code that would trigger it out of the box.

I'm getting the same issue, have been for a couple of months now.

Spammers are pasting the poll question as a url and it turns into a clickable link when you view the final poll. The clickable link doesn't go to the URL text though, it links to the thread itself.

I've added this line of code to try and deal with when they put links in the thread title, and I use a fair few phrases from keywords I pick up from each new spam post. It seems we could do with running the poll title and responses through the spam cleaner too perhaps.

1514716416881.webp

1514716073306.webp

Top Bottom