XF 2.2 Poll "persistence"

penturners

We use multiple choice polls to collect member preference information. For example, in our niche there are dozens of part vendors, and we keep a multi select poll open so members can say where they like to buy parts from. Works well for that purpose. Some of these polls can have close to 100 choices. We allow vote changing, with the intent that users can make an additional selection they forgot to make. However, when changing the vote, the entire set of selections has to be entered again.

What would be ideal is for the user's checkbox selections to be maintained for the change, so that they don't have to remember all the selections they previously made. They can just select the ones they want to change. I suppose what is needed is an addon that repopulates the checkboxes with the user's existing selections when the change request is made.

Am I missing something simple here?

I would post it in Suggestions. If I chose 6 things and wanted to choose 7, I would think this is a reasonable suggestion so I just have to add 1 (or remove what I didn't want). Basically, an edit. Vote edit like post edit.

Last edited:
Agreed. "Change Vote" should function as "Edit my vote" rather than "Withdraw my vote" Or perhaps those could be distinct functions.

Is that stated clearly enough for a suggestion?

Top Bottom