Duplicate Poll features

Crayo

From what I can see, Administrators can not do enough with polls. In some communities polls can be rather important. Having no permissions to edit the poll count, the option to see who voted what in private polls, and more minor twerks isn't helping. Sometimes users can accidentally vote for the wrong thing, and correct me if I'm wrong, there is nothing we can do about it?

An example: Today somebody wanted me to check who voted for what in this particular poll as we needed to know if somebody voted for themselves, and if they did, I would need to remove his vote to correct the score as voting for yourself wasn't allowed. The poll I was checking was set so people could not see who voted for who, because anonymous votes are important. Because of that, I couldn't see who voted for who at all. I searched around on my forum for a while telling myself there must be a setting where I can fix this, and there wasn't one handy, so I tried to see if such an add-on existed. I couldn't find anything apart from adding a poll to an existing thread.

So what I'm suggesting is having permissions to edit any poll and make it so selected usergroups can: see who voted for what in a closed poll, manually put the number of votes one option has received, edit whether the poll is set to votes displayed publicly or not, and maybe a few other handy features that I haven't thought of yet (but you guys might).

Let's hope this isn't just me failing or something, but I can't see any options that help. Here's a screenshot of what I can currently do:

zcQ2Nbz.png

Thanks for reading.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
From what I can see, Administrators can not do enough with polls. In some communities polls can be rather important. Having no permissions to edit the poll count, the option to see who voted what in private polls, and more minor twerks isn't helping. Sometimes users can accidentally vote for the wrong thing, and correct me if I'm wrong, there is nothing we can do about it?

An example: Today somebody wanted me to check who voted for what in this particular poll as we needed to know if somebody voted for themselves, and if they did, I would need to remove his vote to correct the score as voting for yourself wasn't allowed. The poll I was checking was set so people could not see who voted for who, because anonymous votes are important. Because of that, I couldn't see who voted for who at all. I searched around on my forum for a while telling myself there must be a setting where I can fix this, and there wasn't one handy, so I tried to see if such an add-on existed. I couldn't find anything apart from adding a poll to an existing thread.

So what I'm suggesting is having permissions to edit any poll and make it so selected usergroups can: see who voted for what in a closed poll, manually put the number of votes one option has received, edit whether the poll is set to votes displayed publicly or not, and maybe a few other handy features that I haven't thought of yet (but you guys might).

Let's hope this isn't just me failing or something, but I can't see any options that help. Here's a screenshot of what I can currently do:

zcQ2Nbz.png

Thanks for reading.

Polls still need a lot of work imo so your not the only one. An option to promote poll to sidebar as a sideblock would be great to expose polls more and really get people using them as seen on adminextra which proved to be successful. Good suggestion, anything to expand on poll functionality gets the thumbsup from me. I think there was a similar suggestion, somewhat >> http://xenforo.com/community/threads/poll-settings.45122/

No worries.
With over 2,000 threads it's not easy.

It was approaching 3,000 not so long ago but a lot of dupes, etc. have been moved.

Top Bottom