Poll add-on - so admin can see who has voted for which option

Alvin63

Two suggestions:

1) For a simple (presumably) tweak so admin can actually see which members have chosen which poll selection. At present this doesn't seem possible.

Reason: The poll is very good for photo competitions. Each option is a competition entry - members just tick their preferred photo. Poll shows the results after voting has ended. BUT. Members are not allowed to vote for their own entry. And there is no way of checking this if admin cannot see who has voted for who.

2) So admin can remove a vote from a poll selection (same reason as above).

Upvote 4
Thanks. Yes but admin can't see who voted for who (ie to stop someone voting for their own entry)

Last edited:
Two suggestions:

1) For a simple (presumably) tweak so admin can actually see which members have chosen which poll selection. At present this doesn't seem possible.

Reason: The poll is very good for photo competitions. Each option is a competition entry - members just tick their preferred photo. Poll shows the results after voting has ended. BUT. Members are not allowed to vote for their own entry. And there is no way of checking this if admin cannot see who has voted for who.

2) So admin can remove a vote from a poll selection (same reason as above).

You can buy all of @AndyB 's addons for $35

Well worth it, I have many of them installed and am very happy with his service.

This addon comes in handy when the Display votes Publicly is not selected and the admin needs to know who has voted.

Thanks. I have the subscription to Andy's addons :-) I didn't know about that one! I was searching them under "voting" and competitions and polls!

Thanks. I have the subscription to Andy's addons :) I didn't know about that one! I was searching them under "voting" and competitions and polls!

Yeah I could not find it originally either because the title is "Who Voted"

Had it been called "Who voted in Polls" it would have been easier searched.

I was just about to pay for another addon when I stumbled across Andy's a week or so back and since I subscribe to his addons it was an easy choice.

Apparently that addon only shows who voted, not how they voted. (ie who they voted for). It would help a bit but I'm trying to ensure people don't vote for themselves.

Ahh... my bad, I have a forum with 12 voting members and sometimes I have to see who did not vote so for me that addon makes sense.

I guess your search continues

In every election every candidate votes for themselves and that doesn't change the final result... because if every candidate votes for themselves then that ultimately invalidates their vote.

Maybe try this

I had a look at that thanks :-) I bought it. I haven't tried it though as I'm not sure the voting is quite how I wanted it to be. It seems to be just typing votes in a post rather than just ticking a box in a poll.

Doesn't seem to be any other competition addon either. I like the poll for competitions - and obviously its not intended for competitions - but there should be the option for competition voting in XF software somehow. The poll works well but needs more admin privileges.

In every election every candidate votes for themselves and that doesn't change the final result... because if every candidate votes for themselves then that ultimately invalidates their vote.
The problem here is some people refuse to vote for themselves based on principle even if you post it is allowed, so when someone wins by one vote, and that person voted for themselves and the other person didn't, it just looks weird, like the person involved was able to break the tie.

I've been using Q&A forums for certain contests and it works well. You can't upvote your own post, so the post is the entry and people vote. When it's done just pause the voting in the thread setting and you can mark the winner with the Solved option. Not perfect but who cares? Or just let people vote for themselves in polls. No biggie.

I had a look at that thanks :) I bought it. I haven't tried it though as I'm not sure the voting is quite how I wanted it to be. It seems to be just typing votes in a post rather than just ticking a box in a poll.

Doesn't seem to be any other competition addon either. I like the poll for competitions - and obviously its not intended for competitions - but there should be the option for competition voting in XF software somehow. The poll works well but needs more admin privileges.
Lemme know how it works out, I may check it out too.

I didn't install it after checking the examples which seem to be just a voter making a post with something like

Assume that is in order of entries - first entry gets 4 points, second entry 5 points and so on. And it apparently calculates the winner.

I can't see my members actually wanting to do maths in a post lol - they want to just tick a box! I will try it out though - maybe I'm wrong.

Andy's addon is helpful - installed that now. And it does show who voted. But surely there must be a way to show who voted for who, to admin, when it shows you who you voted for yourself.

Problem is that makes it unfair. Everyone follows the rules and votes for an entry that isn't their own. Except one person who votes for themselves (and then got a friend to join up and vote for them too! That's another issue I'm sorting out separately) So they won. Cheating! But I can't prove it unless I can see who they voted for. That member actually admitted they voted for themselves which is the only way I knew.

Kind of spoiled the competition this month.

Main issue was - I couldn;t then remove that vote and let them vote again. It would have meant resetting the whole poll and asking everyone to vote again! I'm just having admin frustration about wanting more control over the way the poll works!

Lemme know how it works out, I may check it out too.
Maybe I'm not using it correctly but it didn't seem to do anything. And voting seems to simply be typing a post with your vote - which could probably be done manually. It sets up a new thread within a node, plus other threads can still be added, which I found confusing.

Top Bottom