Add-on Poke

Liam23

I'm requesting an add-on that allows me to "Poke" a user; You may poke a user on a post you or another member have created. This will give them an alert. With a time in between pokes that is customize-able. Also, A Poke user search bar like in conversations/Tag Add-on etc. The "Poke" link would be near Like and Report link on messages.

Sound Like a Good idea? (y)

Thanks alot Guys! :love:

The user tagging add-on xfrocks created could help you do that. You would need to change phrases from "tagged" to "poked" and thats it :D The user would get alerts when you @username him/her maybe the other features you mentioned can be implemented if you asked xfrocks.

The user tagging add-on xfrocks created could help you do that. You would need to change phrases from "tagged" to "poked" and thats it :D The user would get alerts when you @username him/her maybe the other features you mentioned can be implemented if you asked xfrocks.
Thanks, Ill give him a try :coffee:

Do you intend this to have similar functionality as the like? Cause I think what yavuz meant is that you install the tag me addon, and change the phrase tagged to poke, and you have a basic way of doing this without a new addon.

Do you intend this to have similar functionality as the like? Cause I think what yavuz meant is that you install the tag me addon, and change the phrase tagged to poke, and you have a basic way of doing this without a new addon.

Exactly, whenever you want to 'poke' someone you just @username the person and the user will get an alert. Simply change the phrase text from "tagged" to "poked" and you're set. I don't know about the extra features though.

Give me the details on how exactly you want this Poke feature to work. As mentioned, the other add-on could serve the purpose pretty well. If there is a big difference, I am willing to try to develop it as my new project, as it doesn´t seem overly complex to do.

Top Bottom