Add-on Poke

Give me the details on how exactly you want this Poke feature to work. As mentioned, the other add-on could serve the purpose pretty well. If there is a big difference, I am willing to try to develop it as my new project, as it doesn´t seem overly complex to do.
I'm really not sure, This was just an idea.

A sidebar box that goes into the the widget framework perhaps? Simple list like this:

Poked you:
Bob (poke back)
Redda (poke back)
Betty (poke back)

Poke [___USER____]
Etc.

You may poke a user on a post you or another member have created. This will give them an alert. With a time in between pokes that is customize-able. Also, A Poke user search bar like in conversations/Tag Add-on etc. The "Poke" link would be near Like and Report link on messages.

A sidebar box that goes into the the widget framework perhaps?

Now we have 2 ideas. The sidebar block sounds interesting, and can be viewed as soon as you log-in. The link near the Like works like the Mention feature, already implemented by the Tag add-on. The list of pokes could show in the alert tab as well, if desired.

But I still am missing a piece of info: What exactly is a "poke"? What behaviour that carries on? So, I click the Poke link, and it shows in the user sidebar that I poked them. Hm... and what happens then?

The user tagging add-on xfrocks created could help you do that. You would need to change phrases from "tagged" to "poked" and thats it :D The user would get alerts when you @username him/her maybe the other features you mentioned can be implemented if you asked xfrocks.
This is what we're using on my forums and the users are using it to get the attention of other users..

eg adding cc @username1 @username2

Now we have 2 ideas. The sidebar block sounds interesting, and can be viewed as soon as you log-in. The link near the Like works like the Mention feature, already implemented by the Tag add-on. The list of pokes could show in the alert tab as well, if desired.

But I still am missing a piece of info: What exactly is a "poke"? What behaviour that carries on? So, I click the Poke link, and it shows in the user sidebar that I poked them. Hm... and what happens then?
I assume they want it to work like Facebook's Poke feature.

Sorry for the long time to answer this.

Anyway, I don´t have FB, so I don´t know how the feature works there. So, please tell me so we can work on it.

Top Bottom