Plesk panel over CPanel

New Joe

Been looking into some hosting and one of the packages only uses the Plesk panel
I've been using CPanel now for years.
I took a quick look at a demo of Plesk and yes it's different but still kinda easy to use

I was looking at some advise from anyone who uses the Plesk panels and if they are any good?
Any problems?
What are your over all thoughts between the Plesk and the CPanel?
Thanks

I've been using Plesk since v9, always preferred it to cPanel. Doesn't lock down your system the way cPanel does.

I never use Plesk again, used it for a year but it changed so many files and I ran into trouble with everything!
I have to say that this was 5 years ago...

I'm now using Directadmin but thinking about leaving control panels because it's always the limiting factor if you want to try something new.
My next setup will probably be a clean CentOS + Centmin Mod

cPanel is #1 for good reason. The others, in my opinion, of course, just don't come anywhere close. Direct Admin is good as well (though still behind cPanel), particularly if you are looking to go on the cheap, like for a VPS or something.

Plesk and the CPanel

Each has their ups and downs.

Multi-customer management and multi-domain management in plesk IMHO is leaps and bounds above cpanel/WHM, I couldnt even think of the horror of managing 100+ customers and 200+ domains on cpanel, in plesk, a breeze.

I also find the layout and navigation considerably more logical, where as cpanel seems to just dump stuff where ever.

However cpanel is more widely used and more familiar, and has better 3rd party integrations.

I still use Plesk on one server, but pay for my own license. A $4.00/month cost for the "Web Admin Edition", which is a simplified variant not typically offered by hosts that bundle Plesk. If you aren't providing a hosting service or FTP access for clients it's worth checking out.

Plesk has improved greatly over the years, but I know where the skeletons are. Managing the security and disaster-recovery is easy; and I know what is safe to compile, customize, or setup via a standard a package.

My other assets are command-line only.

So using Plesk over CPanel isn't a big deal then?
My sites wouldn't run faster under CPanel over Plesk then?

The migration is from CPanel to Plesk, I was told it's a bit tricker and maybe a few problems would occur but nothing the hosting said they wouldn't be abel to sort out...

So using Plesk over CPanel isn't a big deal then?
My sites wouldn't run faster under CPanel over Plesk then?

The migration is from CPanel to Plesk, I was told it's a bit tricker and maybe a few problems would occur but nothing the hosting said they wouldn't be abel to sort out...

I wouldn't trust that kind of feedback. Neither option is intelligent enough to actually update/modify your application's settings or automatically optimize for any site. I don't even trust migrations to significant new versions of Plesk without testing beforehand.

Setup whatever you prefer to learn, and run a test site on it. DigitalOcean is a good platform for this.

Top Bottom