Plenty of traffic and users browse but...

Deathstarr

I cant get people to convert, I have plenty of people coming to the forum but I can not get people to register to become members and the older members do not come around anymore or post. I have sent out a few emails trying to get a few members posting but nothing.

I could use some advice.

Sometimes the best thing to do is instead of sending out a generic email to everyone, send out personal emails to one person at a time to ask them to reply to a specific topic. The more specific it is, the more likely to get results.

Currently there are 2 guests online on your forum. No members. When you say that you have plenty of people coming to the forum, are you sure that these users are not bots?

You have way too many forum nodes for a new forum. The activity is spread too thin.

Hey alfa1, I really do not know how to make it smaller then what it is. I honestly do not think it has many forums. but I will work on combining a few like all the videos and see if that wont hurt it.

As far as traffic I normally have 5+ visitors and 1-2 bots, but my problem is getting those visitors to convert into members or the old members that are registered to come back to post. Peter Suggested personal emails which would take some time but if I thought it would help I would do it but I do not think it would help that much.

Hey alfa1, I really do not know how to make it smaller then what it is. I honestly do not think it has many forums. but I will work on combining a few like all the videos
Put prefixes on all threads then combine them into two or three boards - once a prefix . Pad out the rest of the site with aricles or news feeds. Get freinds, family, sock puppets to generate content

Put prefixes on all threads then combine them into two or three boards - once a prefix . Pad out the rest of the site with aricles or news feeds. Get freinds, family, sock puppets to generate content

heh, where are my sock puppets?

I will be working on combinations over the next few days. I am thinking about using a few services to get it started but we will see.

I think you need to set expectations here.

5 random visitors on your site is very low when you're talking about converting a random visitor to a registered user.

I get maybe a dozen (non-spam) registrations per day, which sounds great, right? Except that you need to consider I see 4,000 new visitors every day. That means 0.3% of my daily new visitors convert to members. I don't know if that's normal in the industry, just using it as an example.

If you were to get the same conversion rate, you'd have to get 300+ visitors to convert one to a new user.

That doesn't mean you couldn't score a much higher conversion rate (a huge chunk of my traffic is random click throughs on Google which don't tend to convert at a high rate), only that you need to be mindful of the fact that the significant majority of people who click on your site from Google or a link in a forum are not interested in participating, and as such, are not going to register an account.

Ridemonkey is entirely correct. Mind that he mentions only new users. Not all users. I get 3.6 million readers per month and 4000 registrations. Thats less than 0.01%.
Also mind that its well possible those 5 users are also bots. Just not the few that xenforo recognizes. Or logged out members.
Your problem is not conversion. It's getting traffic. I think it would be good to consider how you can promote your forum and how you can activate your current members. Have you considered promoting your forum at a vaping trade show or advertising in related media?

I think you have to advertise/promote your site more. It's still brand new and I don't see much members on your site.

Just wait for a few more months. It takes time

Top Bottom