Please why does ones account gets blocked after three times failed attempts to login

Krakye1

Please I visited a xenforo website that I have sign up onto as a member.. I set my phone to always let me stay logged in but something happened and I had to change my phone but the unfortunate thing is that I forgot my password.. I kept trying some keywords that I might have used as my password, after the third trial I received a notification that my account has been blocked due to several failed attempts of loging in.. that isn't actually my problem for now but I have planned of purchasing xenforo by June ending and would not want this to happen to my signed up users....can this be possible??

It's a security feature that's pretty much standard with any platform. It stops "brute force" password cracking programs. It protects the members.

If you forgot your password the thing to do is click the "forgot my password" link and retrieve account access that way.

Xenforo owners CAN turn the security feature off, but none wise do so.

It's a security feature that's pretty much standard with any platform. It stops "brute force" password cracking programs. It protects the members.

If you forgot your password the thing to do is click the "forgot my password" link and retrieve account access that way.

Xenforo owners CAN turn the security feature off, but none wise do so.

Does it mean you can't retrieve your account anymore after it is blocked??

Top Bottom