Lack of interest Please use default XenForo title container in resource discussion

CyberAP

I am struggling with resource manager in order to make it look better in one of my styles.
I don't really know why but RM discussion view disables $h1 by default and uses a hook (probably) to display the resource title. If we look deeper in the code the resource title doesn't much differ from XenForo default $h1. Even more if we add a .titleBar class to the .resourceInfo block there will be no change - that's because the code is the same.

sc.PNG

But instead of using native $h1 container RM uses it's own hook and disables $h1. Some styles have customized $h1 (for example placing it above breadcrumbs).
I tried to include the resource header in $h1 with this code (inside of thread_view template):

Code:
<xen:if is="{$thread.discussion_type} == 'resource'"><xen:include template="resource_view_header" /></xen:if>
But it does place the header insider the hook that RM uses (after breadcrumb).

I also tried to place the code in PAGE_CONTAINER but got no luck since the $thread variable is not accesible there and I can't make a proper IF statement. The code there should be:

Code:
<xen:if is="
    {$controllerName} == 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread' &&
    {$thread.discussion_type} == 'resource'">
        <xen:include template="resource_view_header" />
</xen:if>
I sincerely ask you to use the default $h1 container (or at least a 'page_container_content_title_bar' hook) for the resrouce discussion title and customizing RM won't be such a pain as it is now. Thank you!

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The <h1> itself is the same, but it's everything surrounding the h1 which isn't necessarily the same. Though I think we could probably pull it off with some modifications.

However, as it stands, this was done intentionally so it's not a bug - it's how the system dictates this sort of thing. It'd probably change with a RM release after/for XF 1.2.

CyberAP

Unfortunately this hasn't changed in RM 1.0.1. RM still uses <xen:title> in resource discussion view instead if <xen:h1>.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I don't actually remember what I was even thinking of doing TBH...

Though strictly speaking, the RM has been updated "to be compatible" with 1.2 - it hasn't had a full, 1.2-only update yet.

CyberAP

I've probably been bugging you for quite a bit, but this issue still occurs in 1.1.2.
One thing I noticed that you have now 2 separate templates for header and for tabs. That's good, but I can't find a use for that since it's thread view that dictates how to handle heading and RM passes it's header through a hook, as it is since 1.0.0. Any chance that would change and we'll have header served in a usual <xen:h1> tag instead? :)

Last edited: