Not planned Please sort Cron entries by title

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Because it's a list of tasks, so showing them in the order that they're going to be running is logical?

Because it's a list of tasks, so showing them in the order that they're going to be running is logical?

Thank you for your reasoning, it's always good to understand why things are the way they are.

Another way to think about this is, when we access the Cron entries it's typically to edit or run a Cron entry, so we will want to find the entry. Normally entries are listed in alpha sort by title, so I think that would be more logical. Yes I know I can use the filter box, but that is time consuming and the exact name and spelling isn't always so straight forward.

Hmm ... not really.
To me, the list is roughly the equivalent of a system crontab without interval information.

I'd therefore prefer to have them listed alphabetically as I really can't think of a usecase where I would go to this list to see which job's are the next ones to be extecuted and when.
The only timt I would go there is to modify a job or to run it manually, in both cases I usually know the name and if it is listed alphabetically it's easier to find in my mind.

Though, it's not a big thing anyway, Ctrl-F or the filter does help much :)

Top Bottom