Sort by title doesn't handle numbers correctly

Affected version
When sorting by "Title" it appears to be struggling to sort by number correctly, with a title commencing with "10" appearing between "1" and "2."

Is this likely to be an issue with the fact that the field format is text based and thus it only considers the first character?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 15.54.40.webp
    Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 15.54.40.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 14
Just a standard issue when sorting strings, it doesn't interpret 10 as a combined numerical value to be sorted specifically and separately from other characters, as it would have to know all the other values contain numbers that have to have specific sorting applied to them.

Just a standard issue when sorting strings, it doesn't interpret 10 as a combined numerical value to be sorted specifically and separately from other characters, as it would have to know all the other values contain numbers that have to have specific sorting applied to them.
Thanks for the reply, can you think of a better way to help me sort them? I'm guessing l might have to just sort by Submission date rather than reorder? I dont suppose theres any addons that may support Display order?

Top Bottom