Please run these queries!

How about a plugin for us to install that automates this task for you? I don't have a site up yet but when I do, I wouldn't be opposed to sending aggregated numbers and statistics up to a central XenForo web service each morning. It can only help improve the software and give you insight into things that benefits everyone.

--Ed

...many times the results do not include the desired thread because we cannot specify 'older' in the search criteria, even though we can specify 'newer'. Ideally we could specify what year(s) to search.
word.gif

24 hours later....

COUNT(search_id)

search_order total
date 692

COUNT(search_id)

Live Site ...

I'm not sure what you are after, really.

To get COUNT(search_id) to be something other than 0, it appears that people need to click in the search box, click advanced, then click on the 'threads & posts' tab (instead of the default 'Search Everything'), then click on the minimum number of replies. Few of our members would ever do that unless they were truly desperate.

Perhaps I am mis-understanding what you are after?

edit: I see.. the Search button towards the left defaults to the most advanced search options page without drilling down as stated above. But they would still need to specify minimum post count, which my members would not do. If for no other reason our forum is quite small and tightly focused on a particular subject.. everything that could be found would probably be of interest.

I'm not sure what you are after, really.

To get COUNT(search_id) to be something other than 0, it appears that people need to click in the search box, click advanced, then click on the 'threads & posts' tab (instead of the default 'Search Everything'), then click on the minimum number of replies. Few of our members would ever do that unless they were truly desperate.

Perhaps I am mis-understanding what you are after?

edit: I see.. the Search button towards the left defaults to the most advanced search options page without drilling down as stated above. But they would still need to specify minimum post count, which my members would not do. If for no other reason our forum is quite small and tightly focused on a particular subject.. everything that could be found would probably be of interest.

Kier is designing/implementing an additional search capability. He wants these queries run to better understand the types of searches being run in the real world so that he can tailor the search to be more suited to the majority of searches being made. ie, make these types of seaches the default and possibly not hidden away somewhere on another page. This is purely speculation.....

Top Bottom