Implemented Please provide a tab highlight option in Route Prefix

AndyB

When we create a Route Prefix, it would be really nice to have an option to select if the route should highlight a tab. In cases where the route prefix also has a matching tab it would not only highlight the tab but show in the breadcrumb as well.

To create the tab I use Template Modifications to modify the "navigation" template by adding the following:

Find
Code:
<!-- extra tabs: end -->

Replace
Code:
<li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link example/}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase example}</a></li>
$0

Thank you.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
You need to specify it in the class that is used to run the route prefix. And tabs need to a class to identify them.

Last edited:
That is not the correct way to create a navigation tab.

There is a "navigation_tabs" event listener specifically for this purpose. If you have created your own route prefix, you can specify the "major section" which activates the navigation tab that has a matching ID.

If you have not created your own route prefix, it is possible to override the active navigation tab in code:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/overriding-the-active-navigation-tab.2006/

Last night when I tried it I couldn't get it to work, so I assumed it was too difficult for me. I tried it again and now it works. It's really not that difficult.

Thank you, Jeremy, Chris and Paul for your help.

Top Bottom