Please provide a disable switch for each widget

Because widgets can be assigned to multiple positions, the delete icons there simply delete them from that position. It's only permanently deleted if you confirm that is what you want to do which you can only do if the widget is only assigned to one position.

So, effectively, this is already implemented. To re-enable the widget, you will simply re-assign it to the position/s you want.

Because widgets can be assigned to multiple positions, the delete icons there simply delete them from that position.

This suggestion has nothing to do with the delete icon.

What I would like is a disable switch. Perhaps I'm calling it by the incorrect name, here's an image which shows what I'm referring to:

1511791885371.webp

It would be great to be able to easily disable any widget using a slide switch.

Thank you.

I know what you're referring to, but what I'm referring to is the fact that you can get the same effect by removing the widget from that position using the delete icon. The one to many relationship of widgets doesn't lend itself to being able to simply mark it as disabled, like we can do with other records which have a one to one relationship.

I know what you're referring to, but what I'm referring to is the fact that you can get the same effect by removing the widget from that position using the delete icon. The one to many relationship of widgets doesn't lend itself to being able to simply mark it as disabled, like we can do with other records which have a one to one relationship.
Like Andy, I don't want to remove the widget.

I have long used the Widget Framework add-on, and I often needed to enable or disable some widgets for X reason.

You explain that it is possible to disable it by entering the settings of the widget and disabling the position, I agree, the action of the widget itself is disabled, but it is impossible to see at first when one arrives at the main widget page which is disabled or not.

Would it be possible to add this option ?
HPEC_DkjSf2puNp5P1KgOA.png

I know you could disable the widgets in Widget Framework, but didn't you have to create a new one for each position you wanted to place your widgets? I've forgotten already! :eek:

I have a Happy New Year widget on the top of my homepage. It is a Page and it would be easier to just disable it now and enable it in about a year.
Now I solved it by commenting it out.
<!-- <xf:widget key="happynewyear" /> -->

Interesting, I noticed when you click on a widget the widget page opens up there you can pick where the widget goes great that's nice. However, my problem is after you check off where the widget goes and hit save that's it one and done? It would be nice if you could click on the widget again and just simply uncheck it would work for me.

Top Bottom